NEWS FEED

Tulsa storage facility fire contained A cause of the fire is under investigation.

47 minutes ago

Divorces ASKED

4 hours ago

Marriages (Tulsans unless indicated)

4 hours ago

Gunman in Navy Yard rampage was hearing voices He had been treated since August by Veterans Affairs, the officials said.

21 hours ago

Tulsa Club owner Josh Barrett vows to remake historic building

3 hours ago

Glenpool man pleads guilty to child-pornography possession

By DAVID HARPER World Staff Writer on May 30, 2013, at 5:32 PM  Updated on 7/05/13 at 4:12 AM



Local

Health department: One person contracted hepatitis C from Tulsa dentist

An investigation into a Tulsa dentist has revealed that one person contracted hepatitis C as a result of a visit to that practice, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health and Tulsa Health Department.

Tulsa school bus involved in crash; no injuries reported


The bus had two occupants, a driver and an 8-year-old girl. The driver had a suspended license, police said.

CONTACT THE REPORTER

David Harper

918-581-8359
Email

A Glenpool man pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing child pornography that he admitted downloading from the Internet.

Jon Blake Newport, 25, pleaded guilty to one count of a federal indictment that was issued under seal by a Tulsa federal grand jury on April 1.

Newport admitted in his plea agreement that he possessed the illegal material on a laptop computer on June 7, 2010, when he lived in Sapulpa and that he used at least one file-sharing program to obtain it.

In the plea agreement, the prosecution and defense stipulated that Newport possessed 30 images of child pornography.

U.S. District Judge John Dowdell is scheduled to sentence Newport, who is free on bond, on Sept. 5.

Newport's attorney, Rob Nigh, estimated that his client could be facing three to four years in prison under federal sentencing guidelines. However, he said motions could be filed on Newport's behalf asking the court to impose a below-guidelines sentence.

Local

Health department: One person contracted hepatitis C from Tulsa dentist

An investigation into a Tulsa dentist has revealed that one person contracted hepatitis C as a result of a visit to that practice, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health and Tulsa Health Department.

Tulsa school bus involved in crash; no injuries reported


The bus had two occupants, a driver and an 8-year-old girl. The driver had a suspended license, police said.

CONTACT THE REPORTER

David Harper

918-581-8359
Email

COMMENTS

Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories. You can either sign in to your Tulsa World account or use Facebook.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free. To comment through Facebook, please sign in to your account before you comment.

Read our commenting policy.


Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

Read our commenting policy.

By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, and grant Tulsa World the right and license to publish the content of your posted comment, in whole or in part, in Tulsa World.