NEWS FEED

Divorces ASKED

5 hours ago

Marriages (Tulsans unless indicated)

5 hours ago

Tulsa Club owner Josh Barrett vows to remake historic building

4 hours ago

Tulsa school bus involved in crash; no injuries reported

57 minutes ago

Gunman in Navy Yard rampage was hearing voices He had been treated since August by Veterans Affairs, the officials said.

22 hours ago

High court issues sex offender registry ruling

By Associated Press on Sep 18, 2013, at 5:04 AM  



Local

Health Department confirms patient contracted hepatitis C from Tulsa dentist

An investigation into a Tulsa dentist has revealed that one person contracted hepatitis C as a direct result of a visit to that practice, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health and Tulsa Health Department.

Continuing coverage: Read more on the investigation here.

State chamber seeks to push school choice through new nonprofit

According to a copy of a grant request to the Walton Family Foundation obtained by the Tulsa World, the state chamber is requesting a three-year $300,000 grant from the foundation to advocate for "an aggressive change agenda" in Oklahoma education.

OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court says people who have been convicted of sex crimes in other states are not required to register as sex offenders in Oklahoma if the convictions occurred before the Oklahoma Legislature passed a sex offender law and if the person completed his sentence, probation or parole before Nov. 1, 2005.

The justices ruled that two men who were convicted of sex crimes in other states were not offered the same protection under the law as people who were convicted of sex crimes in Oklahoma.

Under Oklahoma's Sex Offender Registration Act, people who were convicted in Oklahoma before the act's 1989 implementation are not required to register - but people who were convicted outside of Oklahoma before its implementation are.

The justices ruled that the many amendments made to the law can't be applied retroactively.

Local

Health Department confirms patient contracted hepatitis C from Tulsa dentist

An investigation into a Tulsa dentist has revealed that one person contracted hepatitis C as a direct result of a visit to that practice, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health and Tulsa Health Department.

Continuing coverage: Read more on the investigation here.

State chamber seeks to push school choice through new nonprofit

According to a copy of a grant request to the Walton Family Foundation obtained by the Tulsa World, the state chamber is requesting a three-year $300,000 grant from the foundation to advocate for "an aggressive change agenda" in Oklahoma education.

COMMENTS

Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories. You can either sign in to your Tulsa World account or use Facebook.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free. To comment through Facebook, please sign in to your account before you comment.

Read our commenting policy.


Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

Read our commenting policy.

By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, and grant Tulsa World the right and license to publish the content of your posted comment, in whole or in part, in Tulsa World.