NEWS FEED

Divorces ASKED

2 hours ago

Marriages (Tulsans unless indicated)

2 hours ago

Gunman in Navy Yard rampage was hearing voices He had been treated since August by Veterans Affairs, the officials said.

19 hours ago

Tulsa Club owner Josh Barrett vows to remake historic building

1 hour ago

Out-of-state prisoner charged in Tulsa double murder brought back to face prosecution

By DYLAN GOFORTH World Staff Writer on Sep 17, 2013, at 6:21 PM  


Hilliard Andrew Fulgham


Local

Way back when: Today in history

Adm. William F. Halsey, commander of the 3rd Fleet rode a white horse in Tokyo but he didn't enjoy it. In fact, he said "I was never so scared in my life."

Tulsa school bus involved in crash; no injuries reported

The driver and one student, an 8-year-old girl, were on the bus and neither were hurt.

CONTACT THE REPORTER

Dylan Goforth

918-581-8451
Email

A man who was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in June, after DNA evidence connected him to a 2006 double homicide in Tulsa while he was serving a prison term in another state, was brought back to Tulsa on Tuesday to face the charges.

Hilliard Andrew Fulgham, 45, was booked into the Tulsa Jail just before 4:30 p.m., according to jail records.

Fulgham had been serving a seven-year sentence in Louisville, Miss., for burglary.

His wife, Jacqueline Octavia Smith, 36, was arrested in Violet, La., in June. She is charged with two counts of accessory to first-degree murder.

Prosecutors allege that she helped hide the murder weapon, then paid for Fulgham to leave Oklahoma following the stabbing deaths of Linda Wright, 45, and Dorothy Lindley, 60.

Wright's and Lindley's bodies were found in the Warwick Apartments, on 51st Street just east of Lewis Avenue, on Jan. 4, 2006.

An affidavit filed in Tulsa County District Court states that a Mississippi woman told law enforcement officers there that Smith had confessed to her and Fulgham's involvement in the deaths.

The woman said Smith had told her that Fulgham had come home from a drug transaction in Tulsa covered in blood, saying he needed to leave town.

Evidence at the scene suggested that the person responsible for the deaths likely had cut himself.

Blood recovered at the scene provided a DNA profile for an unidentified man, which eventually resulted in a positive match for Fulgham, who had provided DNA to Mississippi authorities when he was convicted there in 2007.

Smith and Fulgham had been living two doors away from where Wright and Lindley were killed, according to court documents.

Fulgham is set to be arraigned Wednesday in Tulsa County District Court.

Local

Way back when: Today in history

Adm. William F. Halsey, commander of the 3rd Fleet rode a white horse in Tokyo but he didn't enjoy it. In fact, he said "I was never so scared in my life."

Tulsa school bus involved in crash; no injuries reported

The driver and one student, an 8-year-old girl, were on the bus and neither were hurt.

CONTACT THE REPORTER

Dylan Goforth

918-581-8451
Email

COMMENTS

Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories. You can either sign in to your Tulsa World account or use Facebook.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free. To comment through Facebook, please sign in to your account before you comment.

Read our commenting policy.


Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

Read our commenting policy.

By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, and grant Tulsa World the right and license to publish the content of your posted comment, in whole or in part, in Tulsa World.