NEWS FEED

Divorces ASKED

3 hours ago

Marriages (Tulsans unless indicated)

3 hours ago

Gunman in Navy Yard rampage was hearing voices He had been treated since August by Veterans Affairs, the officials said.

20 hours ago

Tulsa Club owner Josh Barrett vows to remake historic building

2 hours ago

Prosecutors seek another delay in Good Friday shootings case

By BILL BRAUN World Staff Writer on Nov 21, 2012, at 2:21 AM  Updated on 12/28/12 at 9:03 AM


Jacob Carl England (left) and Alvin Lee Watts: They are accused of shooting five black people at four north Tulsa locations early April 6, killing three of them


CONTACT THE REPORTER

Bill Braun

918-581-8455
Email





Tulsa County prosecutors who are evaluating the possibility of pursuing the death penalty are again seeking to postpone arraignments for two men who are charged with the Good Friday shootings of five people, court records show.

In a document filed Tuesday, First Assistant District Attorney Doug Drummond said the reason for the request for a continuance of arraignments, which are scheduled for Monday for Jacob Carl England and Alvin Lee Watts, is to give the prosecution "additional time regarding a decision to file a bill of particulars."

A bill of particulars is a document that lists alleged aggravating circumstances that support a death-penalty request.

Typically in Tulsa County, such bills are read in court at arraignments.

England, 20, and Watts, 33, are each charged with five felonies - three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of shooting with an intent to kill.

They are accused of shooting five black people at four north Tulsa locations early April 6.

The defendants each face murder counts linked to the fatal shootings of Dannaer Fields, 49, Bobby Clark, 54, and William Allen, 31.

The counts of shooting with an intent to kill relate to two victims, David Hall and Deon Tucker, who survived.

England and Watts, who are listed in court records as white, also are charged with five misdemeanor counts of malicious intimidation or harassment because of race, color, ancestry or national origin.

Each of the five victims in the murder and shooting counts is listed as a victim in one of the alleged "hate crime" misdemeanors.

Drummond requests that the arraignments be reset for some time after Dec. 15.

The court filing says defense attorneys have no objection to the requested postponement.

A similar request by Drummond for a continuance of arraignments was granted in October.


Bill Braun 918-581-8455
bill.braun@tulsaworld.com
Original Print Headline: Prosecutors seek another delay in Good Friday case
CONTACT THE REPORTER

Bill Braun

918-581-8455
Email

COMMENTS

Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories. You can either sign in to your Tulsa World account or use Facebook.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free. To comment through Facebook, please sign in to your account before you comment.

Read our commenting policy.


Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

Read our commenting policy.

By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, and grant Tulsa World the right and license to publish the content of your posted comment, in whole or in part, in Tulsa World.