NEWS FEED

Divorces ASKED

2 hours ago

Marriages (Tulsans unless indicated)

2 hours ago

Gunman in Navy Yard rampage was hearing voices He had been treated since August by Veterans Affairs, the officials said.

19 hours ago

Tulsa Club owner Josh Barrett vows to remake historic building

1 hour ago

UPDATE: Health board takes no action on Tulsa dentist

By Associated Press on May 14, 2013, at 10:33 AM  Updated on 5/14/13 at 3:47 PM



RELATED ITEMS
Tulsa oral surgeon investigation: Read more on the investigation on Tulsa oral surgeon W. Scott Harrington here.

Tulsa World Dentist database: Check for your dentist in our disciplinary database
Tulsa Oral Surgeon Investigation

Tulsa oral surgeon accused in health scare sued

Health officials said Harrington exposed roughly 5,000 patients with infectious diseases due to rusty instruments and unsanitary practices. His office was shut down in March.

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma State Board of Health took no action after convening an executive session regarding the investigation of an oral surgeon whose Tulsa-area clinics were deemed unsanitary.

The board cleared the meeting room around noon Tuesday to discuss the investigation of Dr. W. Scott Harrington. The closed meeting lasted about 45 minutes.

Oklahoma’s Health Commissioner, Dr. Terry Cline, says the investigation of Harrington is running smoothly and is starting to wind down. But he says officials are still trying to contact Harrington’s past patients.

Neither Harrington nor his Tulsa-based attorney was in attendance Tuesday.

Health officials in March urged roughly 7,000 patients of Harrington’s to be tested for various diseases after his two clinics were said to have filthy conditions.

Harrington’s attorney says his client is cooperating with the investigation.

RELATED ITEMS
Tulsa oral surgeon investigation: Read more on the investigation on Tulsa oral surgeon W. Scott Harrington here.

Tulsa World Dentist database: Check for your dentist in our disciplinary database
Tulsa Oral Surgeon Investigation

Tulsa oral surgeon accused in health scare sued

Health officials said Harrington exposed roughly 5,000 patients with infectious diseases due to rusty instruments and unsanitary practices. His office was shut down in March.

COMMENTS

Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories. You can either sign in to your Tulsa World account or use Facebook.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free. To comment through Facebook, please sign in to your account before you comment.

Read our commenting policy.


Join the conversation.

Anyone can post a comment on Tulsa World stories.

Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, create one for free.

Read our commenting policy.

By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, and grant Tulsa World the right and license to publish the content of your posted comment, in whole or in part, in Tulsa World.