BERRY PARFAITS FROM JOY OF BAKING
Easy desserts with fresh berries and mascarpone cheese
- 31/2 cup(s) Assorted fresh berries
- 2 tablespoon(s) Granulated white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) Mascarpone cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup(s) Heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) Powdered sugar, or to taste
1. Place all the berries (cut the strawberries into pieces if they are too large) in a large bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Stir to combine and leave to macerate for about 30 minutes.
2. In bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer or wire whisk) beat the mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract just until soft peaks form.
3. Take four wine or parfait glasses and layer the berries with the cream. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired.
4. The parfaits can be made several hours before serving. Cover and store in the refrigerator.