CHOCOLATE-DIPPED STRAWBERRY ICE POP
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- ounce(s) strawberries
- 1 cup(s) full-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 7.25-ounce bottle quick-hardening chocolate toppin
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a small pot, bring the sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Using a food processor, puree the sugar syrup, strawberries, yogurt, lemon juice and salt. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl; discard the seeds. Divide the mixture among the molds, insert the ice pop sticks and freeze until solid, about 5 hours.
3. Place the chocolate topping in a deep, wide cup. Remove the pops by running warm water over the molds. Working with one at a time, keeping the remaining pops frozen, dip into the chocolate to coat the top two-thirds. Let harden slightly; dip again. While still wet, sprinkle pops with the almonds.
4. Run warm water over the molds to loosen pops; serve immediately.
Frozen pops stay fresh and tasty in their molds for up to two weeks.