CUCUMBER, TOMATO AND FETA SALAD
Potato salad and baked beans might be two of the most popular sides at a barbecue. But a salad highlighting greens or vegetables is not only refreshing on hot summer days but pretty tasty, too. We like this quick-and-easy cucumber and tomato salad from this June's issue of Bon Appetit magazine.
- 6 cup(s) coarsely chopped English hothouse or Persian cucum
- 2 large tomatoes (about 1 pound total), coarsely cho
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup(s) assorted pitted olives (such as Kalamata or Gaeta)
- 1 (7-ounce) package feta, crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 6 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black
1. Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, olives, half of feta and mint in a large bowl.
2. Whisk oil and lemon juice in a small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining half of feta over and serve. Serves 8.