FRESH TOMATO BASIL WINE SAUCE
The light, Mediterranean flavors of Ken Schaffer's sauce are perfect on pasta or crostini
- 5 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) crisp Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup(s) chopped basil
1. Mix all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a saucepan on medium-low heat, slowly bring sauce to a warm temperature. Cool, and then allow to marinate in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Reheat when ready to serve.
3. Serve on crostini or on warm pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
The following recipes are from the book "4 Ingredients."