GRILLED SHRIMP ON ARUGULA
Serves 4 to 6
This main-dish salad comes from the book "Eva's Kitchen." The marinade is also good with chicken and flank steak.
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Juice of 3 small lemons (about 6 tablespoons juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh chives
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 jumbo shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deve
- 4 green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) bag baby arugula leaves
- 1 pint(s) small grape tomatoes, or halved if large
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) white balsamic vinegar
1. In a large bowl, place the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, chives, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Add the shrimp, and stir gently until well coated with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans and immediately add to the ice water. Let stand until cool Drain well and set aside.
3. When ready to serve, prepare a medium-hot grill. Grill shrimp until they are firm and bright pink or orange, 4 to 5 minutes, turning once during cooking.
4. In a large salad bowl, place the arugula, tomatoes, reserved green beans, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss gently until the arugula and vegetables are well coated. Divide the greens among salad plates, and top with the shrimp.