MAKEOVER ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
- 1 cup(s) uncooked whole-wheat spiral pasta
- 11/2 cup(s) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup(s) choped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2 1/4-ounce) sliced ripe olives, drained
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Place pasta in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, salad dressing, peppers and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture. Chill until serving.
Nutrition per serving: 101 calories, 4 g fat, 9 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein
From Healthy Cooking magazine