MATT'S CHICKEN PESTO PASTA
Favorite dish for Lucky's chef-proprietor Matt Kelley to prepare at home.
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR
- 1 whole roasted chicken
- 9 ounce(s) package fresh pasta
- 1 pint(s) mixed, small heirloom tomatoes
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of Parmigiano-Reggiano and pine nuts for garnish.
2. Combine basil, garlic, cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper in blender or food processor. Process until ground and slowly add olive oil as motor runs. Process until desired texture.
3. Marinate chicken breasts in vinaigrette for 3 hours and grill until done; or buy 1 whole roasted chicken at the store. Pull meat from chicken bones.
4. Cook pasta as manufacturer suggests, strain and cool in cold water; strain until dry.
5. When pasta is cool and dry, combine with pesto, top with tomatoes, chicken and reserved cheese and pine nuts.
5. When pasta is dry,
Serve with crusty French bread.