MOMMA'S SKINNY POTATO SALAD
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Emily Schuermann's potato salad doesn't skimp on flavor.
- 3 pound(s) Yukon or rose gold potatoes, boiled, peeled and di
- 11/2 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 11/2 cup(s) plain (preferably Greek) yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) Grey Poupon mild and creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup(s) chopped dill pickle spears, about 8 spears
- 1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) pickle juice, reserved
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chopped chives
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chopped dill
1. Boil, peel and dice potatoes.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients, except pickle juice. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated. Then pour about 1 cup of the pickle juice into the dressing, adding more to attain desired consistency. Add fresh chives and dill, saving some for garnish.
3. Combine dressing with the potatoes while they are still warm. Thoroughly mix, making sure potatoes are well dressed. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, though overnight is preferable.