PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES
- 24 (1 1/2 inch) York Peppermint Patties
- 11/2 cup(s) (3 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) Hershey's cocoa
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for a glass baking dish). Remove wrappers from peppermint patties. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Reserve 2 cups batter. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties about 1/2 inch apart in single layer over batter. Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares. About 36 brownies.