ZUCCHINI AND CHICKEN SALAD
This Martha Stewart recipe will come in handy when zucchini is in abundance.
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 11/4 cup(s) zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh mint
1. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and slice thinly.
3. Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan and mint. Serve.