BOK Center named a top tour spot by national magazine
BY Staff Reports
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
3/09/11 at 9:44 AM
The BOK Center has been named one of the top 10 "top stops" by Venues Today magazine.
The 2010 year-end rankings are based on concert and event grosses, according to a press release from BOK officials.
The list will be published in the April issue of the trade publication, which is showcasing Midwest venues.
"We were thrilled about this ranking, which is another feather in our cap for the BOK Center. It's the fan support that helps us accomplish this and we owe it to every ticket purchaser in Tulsa and the surrounding communities," General Manager John Bolton said in the release.
"This year has started strong and we plan to keep bringing A-List entertainment to Tulsa, including this month's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament second and third rounds."
TOP MIDWEST TOUR STOPS (15,001 OR MORE CAPACITY):
- 1. The Palace Of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, Mich.
- 2. DTE Energy Music Theatre, - Clarkston, Mich.
- 3. Grant Park - Chicago.
- 4. BOK Center - Tulsa.
- 5. United Center - Chicago.
- 6. Sprint Center - Kansas City.
- 7. Wells Fargo Arena - Des Moines, Iowa
- 8. Target Center - Minneapolis, Minn.
- 9. Allstate Arena - Rosemont, Ill.
- 10. Scottrade Center - St. Louis.
The BOK center during a night helicopter flight. TOM GILBERT / Tulsa World