Time for spring cleaning including your carpets
By Staff Reports
Monday, March 26, 2012
Spring cleaning is here, and according to a recent survey by the American Cleaning Institute, 82 percent of Americans are likely to spring clean. But allergies are on the rise and experts are predicting that spring of 2012 has the potential to be the worst allergy season in 10 years. Because of a relatively mild winter nationwide, an early allergy season has developed, causing many allergy sufferers to begin taking medications earlier than normal.
Americans doing their spring cleaning might make the home look or smell better on the surface, but home vacuums only remove some of the dirt, dust and particulates that cause allergic reactions. To combat allergy season and truly make their homes clean, consumers should consider a professional cleaning to make a deeper and more thorough impact.
Similar to regular dental cleanings, there are some tasks best left to the pros.
Tips for a deeper clean this spring
Stanley Steemer offers the following tips for maintaining your carpet throughout the year.
• Vacuum heavy traffic areas two or three times a week and the rest of your carpet once a week.
• Use indoor and outdoor entrance mats to reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
• Act quickly when a stain occurs to prevent permanent damage. Treat these spots with a professional spot remover.
• Vacuum under area rugs periodically; to help periodically remove any loose dirt that might be trapped.
• Schedule twice a year professional cleaning to help maintain the value and health of your home.
To combat allergy season and truly make their homes clean, consumers should consider a professional cleaning to make a deeper and more thorough impact.