Local music news: Grand Lake Music Festival is Saturday
BY JENNIFER CHANCELLOR World Scene Writer
Thursday, June 21, 2012
6/21/12 at 4:03 AM
Spend your Saturday at the lake with some all-American musicians at the Grand Lake Music Festival or stay in town for some great local and regional music on the cheap.
1. The Grand Lake Music Festival is Saturday at Mountain Mama's Paradise, two miles east of Disney on Oklahoma Highway 28. It's free, all-ages and will feature musicians Dustin Pittsley, James Govan, Wink Burcham, Polly Ess, Pat Moss, Don White, David Bernston, Jimmy Markham & the Caretakers and Bobby Keys. Free camping. Motorcycle parking available. No outside coolers. Gates open 3 p.m., music starts 4 p.m.
2. Alt-country troubadour Dale Watson performs 10 p.m. Friday at the Mercury Lounge, on the corner of 18th Street and Boston Ave. Must be 21. Cover charge is $10.
3. Rock-soul-blues act Soul'd Out performs 9 p.m. Friday at Osage Casino's 918 Bar in Tulsa, 951 W. 36th St. North. Must be 21. Free.
4. Local acoustic pop act New Morning performs 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Agora Coffee House, 4959 S. 79th East Ave. All Ages. Free.
5. Modern rocker Bravo Delta joins Nothing More, Sleepwalking Home and Absence of Ink, 8 p.m. Saturday at Eclipse Cultural House, 1336 E. Sixth St. All ages. Cover is $10 at the door. More information at tulsaworld.com/kpconcerts
Original Print Headline: Grand Lake hosts music festival
Jennifer Chancellor 918-581-8346