NFL: Two-minute drill
BY Associated Press
Monday, September 10, 2012
9/10/12 at 2:37 AM
Robert Griffin III, Redskins: Went 19-for-26 for 320 yards and two touchdowns and added 42 yards rushing in Washington's 40-32 win over New Orleans.
Jay Cutler, Bears: Finished 21-for-35 for 333 yards with two TDs and an interception in Chicago's 41-21 win over Indianapolis.
Mark Sanchez, Jets: Was 19-of-27 for 266 yards with three TDs and an interception in New York's 48-28 win over Buffalo.
Drew Brees, Saints: Was 24-of-52 for 339 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions in New Orleans' 40-32 loss to Washington.
C.J. Spiller, Bills: Had 14 carries for a career-high 169 yards and a touchdown in Buffalo's 48-28 loss to New York.
Stevan Ridley, Patriots: Finished with 21 carries for 125 yards and a touchdown in New England's 34-13 win over Tennessee.
Frank Gore, 49ers: had 16 carries for 112 yards and a touchdown in San Francisco's 30-22 win over Green Bay.
LeSean McCoy, Eagles: had 20 carries for 110 yards in Philadelphia's 17-16 win over Cleveland.
Andre Johnson, Texans: had eight catches for 119 yards and a touchdown as Houston topped Miami 30-10.
Brandon Marshall, Bears: caught nine passes for 119 yards and a touchdown in his Chicago debut in the Bears' 41-21 win over Indianapolis.
Calvin Johnson, Lions: had six catches for 111 yards in Detroit's 27-23 win over St. Louis.
Pierre Garcon, Redskins: finished with four catches for 109 yards, including an 88-yard touchdown, in Washington's 40-32 win over New Orleans.
Julio Jones, Falcons: had six catches for 108 yards and two touchdowns in Atlanta's 40-24 win over Kansas City.
Antonio Cromartie, Jets: returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown in New York's 48-28 win over Buffalo.
Cortland Finnegan, Titans: returned an interception 31 yards for a touchdown in St. Louis' 27-23 loss to Detroit.
D'Qwell Jackson, Browns: returned an interception 27 yards for a touchdown in Cleveland's 17-16 loss to Philadelphia.
Dont'a Hightower, Patriots: returned a fumble 6 yards for a TD in New England's 34-13 win over Tennessee.
Jerrell Freeman, Colts: returned an interception 4 yards for a TD in Indy's 41-21 loss to Chicago.
- Adrian Peterson passed Robert Smith and moved into first place on Minnesota's career rushing list with 6,836 yards in his 74th career game.
- Titans running back Chris Johnson was held to 4 yards on 11 carries.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick got his 193rd career victory, tying him for eighth all time with Chuck Knox.
- Eagles coach Andy Reid's 137th win passed Hall of Famer Hank Stram for 22nd on the career wins list.
- The Saints' Drew Brees, who in 2011 completed a single-season record 71.2 percent of his passes, managed to hit on only 46 percent (24-of-52) against Washington.
- The Patriots earned their ninth straight season-opening win with a 34-13 victory over the Titans.
- The Vikings are 4-1 all time against the Jaguars, losing in Minnesota in 2001.