Downtown Tulsa building evacuated after natural gas odor
BY AMANDA BLAND World Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
10/03/12 at 11:35 AM
A downtown office building was evacuated due to reports of an odor of natural gas on Wednesday morning.
The Tulsa Fire Department was called to the Boulder Towers at 1437 S. Boulder Ave. around 9:30 a.m. but had cleared the scene within 90 minutes, dispatchers said.
Technicians with Oklahoma Natural Gas were also contacted. They remained at the site to investigate the incident late into the morning, said ONG spokeswoman Dawn Ewing.
Further details were not immediately available.
Helmerich and Payne employees wait in a parking lot on 15th street south of the Boulder Towers building where they office, after reports of a gas leak caused an evacuation of the building at 15th and Boulder Wednesday in Tulsa. MICHAEL WYKE/Tulsa World