Rain likely tonight in Tulsa area
BY Staff Reports
Thursday, October 11, 2012
10/11/12 at 12:56 PM
Those attending tonight's University of Tulsa football game against UTEP may get rained on.
The National Weather Service forecasts a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, with an 80 percent chance tonight in Tulsa. New rainfall amounts between 0.25 and 0.5 of an inch are possible.
Rain chances continue into the weekend, when Tulsa has a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday and an 80 percent chance Saturday.
The next chances of rain for Tulsa are forecast for Wednesday, according to the weather service.
Tulsa has received 0.08 of an inch of rain so far this month, which is more than an inch below normal rainfall for this time of October.
Tulsa's highs are expected to reach the 70s today and the 80s each day after that through Wednesday, when highs in the 70s are forecast again. Overnight lows in the 60s are forecast for tonight and Friday night, with lows sinking to the 50s Saturday night through Tuesday night.
Tulsa's highest temperature so far this month was 82 degrees on Oct. 1. The lowest temperature was 32 degrees on Sunday, according to the weather service.
Tulsa World Weather: A new weather site powered by the Tulsa staff of the National Weather Service. The partnership allows Tulsa World readers to receive weather alerts, forecasts and current conditions as the staff issues them.
Water drips off Renee Russell's umbrella as she heads to work at OU-Tulsa on Sept. 26. Tulsa recorded 0.46 of an inch of rain that day, according to the National Weather Service. MATT BARNARD/Tulsa World File