Several cars burned in Sapulpa business fire
BY AMANDA BLAND World Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
10/17/12 at 12:04 PM
SAPULPA – Sixteen cars were damaged in an apparent electrical fire on a car lot early Wednesday, fire officials said.
The Sapulpa Fire Department responded the lot at 9100 Frankhoma Road around 5:30 a.m., said Assistant Chief Steve Fleak.
Crews were unable to access the lot, which is surrounded by a 10-foot tall electric fence, until a representative from the facility responded. Once inside, the blaze was contained within about five minutes, Fleak said.
Firefighters believe the fire was likely caused by an electrical short in a wrecked vehicle and said no one would have had access to intentionally start the fire. The first car then created a domino effect, he said, because of their proximity to one another.
The lot is used by insurance companies to store inoperable and heavily damaged vehicles, Fleak said.