BY Staff Reports
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
10/17/12 at 11:51 AM
Aschoff, Eileen B., 91, retired teacher, died Sunday. Private family services. Add'Vantage.
Besly, Helen Frances, 91, attorney, died Saturday in Fort Worth, Texas. Service 1 p.m. Thursday, Poteet Funeral Home Chapel, Pawnee.
Biggs, Effie Lucile, 48, homemaker, died Monday. Private family services. Kennedy-Midtown.
Ephraim, Moray, 93, airline mechanic, died Oct. 12. Wake 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Jack's Funeral Home, and graveside service noon Friday, Fort Gibson National Cemetery, Fort Gibson.
Groshong, Hadele "Betty," 99, homemaker, died Tuesday. Services pending. Moore's Southlawn.
Hamilton, Billy Joe, 76, journeyman boilermaker, died Monday. Service 2 p.m. Thursday, Moore's Eastlawn Funeral Home Chapel, and graveside service 3 p.m. Friday, Pine Log Cemetery, Brookland, Ark.
Hollingsworth, Raymond Fletcher, 83, electrical mechanic, formerly of Tulsa, died Friday. Services pending. Crown, Tualatin, Ore.
Howard, Cornelia D., 86, Texaco human resources worker, died Monday. Graveside service 2 p.m. Thursday, Fairview Memorial Gardens, Fayetteville, Ark. Moore's Rosewood.
Hura, Paul, 60, died Monday. Services pending. Jack's.
Mackay, Ethel Mae (Burris), 93, retired Tulsa Public Schools teacher, died Thursday in Long Beach, Calif. Service 10 a.m. Friday, Memorial Park Cemetery Chapel. Freeman Harris.
McHan, Sterling Sr., 72, computer systems analyst, died Monday. Private family services. Add'Vantage.
Moore, Zondra Ruth, 64, died Tuesday. Memorial service 1 p.m. Thursday, Grace Fellowship Church. Moore's Memory.
Oertle, Danny, 42, formerly of Tulsa, died Oct. 4 in Palm Springs, Fla. Celebration of life 6-9 p.m. Oct. 25, Spaghetti Warehouse, Downtown Tulsa.
Patterson, Jean, 83, retired health-care aide, died Monday. Visitation 2-9 p.m. Thursday and service 12:30 p.m. Friday, both at Floral Haven Funeral Home, Broken Arrow.
Pearson, Deborah B., 54, homemaker, died Tuesday. Services pending. Serenity.
Rizzo, Elsie L., 92, retired bookkeeper, died Monday. Private family services. Ninde Brookside.
Sanders, Myron "Ray," 69, formerly of Tulsa, died Friday in Kansas City, Mo. Memorial service 2 p.m. Saturday, This Rock Christian Tabernacle, Kansas City. Harvey, Kansas City.
Swanson, Josephine, 82, Hillcrest Medical Center cafeteria worker, died Tuesday. Services pending. Moore's Eastlawn.
Taylor, Jimmie R., 78, Mike Quinn Dodge service manager, died Monday. Service 10 a.m. Thursday, Floral Haven Funeral Home Chapel, Broken Arrow.
Wade, Mayola, 76, retired housekeeper, died Friday. Service 11 a.m. Saturday, First Baptist Church North Tulsa. Ninde Brookside.
Zillman, Alan J., 62, auto body repairman, died Oct. 12. Memorial service 11 a.m. Friday, Memorial Baptist Church. Floral Haven, Broken Arrow.
Funeral home, church and cemetery locations are in the city under which the death notice is listed unless otherwise noted.
Bartlesville - Virginia P. Anderson, 90, died Monday. Service 11 a.m. Friday, Memorial Park Cemetery Mausoleum. Stumpff.
- Joe Allen Bradley, 69, died Monday. Services pending. Stumpff.
Beggs - Olga Altstatt, age unavailable, homemaker, died Monday. Services pending. McClendon-Winters.
- Erna Dianne James, 56, artist, died Monday. Service 10 a.m. Friday, First Baptist Church. McClendon-Winters.
Bixby - Jackie Brandt, 57, paramedic, died Monday. Private family services. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
- Glenn Norman Ferrier, 75, retired Lockheed engineer, died Monday. Service 2 p.m. Friday, RiverCrest Chapel. Bixby Funeral Service.
Blackwell - Phillip Glenn Humble, 63, technical consultant, died Sunday in Deer Creek. Visitation 10-11 a.m. Saturday and service 11 a.m. Saturday, both at Trout Funeral Home.
- Helen Louise (Weigle) Pennington, 86, died Monday. Service 11 a.m. Thursday, First Christian Church. Roberts & Son.
Broken Arrow - Ronald E. Bousquet, 66, iron worker, died Saturday. Memorial service 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Floral Haven Funeral Home Chapel.
- Terrence D. Martin, 77, trucking industry manager, died Thursday. Services pending. Floral Haven, Broken Arrow.
- Jane B. Turner, 70, homemaker, died Monday. Services pending. Hayhurst.
Caney, Kan. - Lorene Bessie Bush, 94, B&B Café owner, died Saturday. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Potts Funeral Home, and celebration of life 2 p.m. Thursday, Dearing Christian Church, Dearing.
Chouteau - Wilma Ruth Brooks, 86, retired from J.C. Penney, died Sunday in Catoosa. Rosary 7 p.m. Thursday and funeral Mass 1 p.m. Friday, both at Green Hill Funeral Home, Sapulpa.
Claremore - Doris Griffin, 85, died Tuesday. Services pending. Rice.
- Ruth Lillian Littlefield, 92, homemaker, died Monday. Visitation 2-8 p.m. Thursday, Rice Funeral Service, and service 2 p.m. Friday, Cole Freewill Baptist Church, Pryor.
- Riley Neal McElroy, 73, truck driver, died Oct. 8 in Kankakee, Ill. Memorial service 11 a.m. Saturday, Freedom Baptist Church, Owasso. Powell, Hominy.
Cleveland - Beverly Vondruska, 73, homemaker, died Tuesday in Tulsa. Services pending. Kennedy-Midtown, Tulsa.
Collinsville - Robert L. Wysong, 82, retired mechanic, died Tuesday. Services pending. Cremation Society, Tulsa.
Council Hill - Sally Antu, 65, educator, died Monday in Muskogee. Memorial service 2 p.m. Friday, Garrett Family Funeral Home Chapel, Checotah.
Depew - Martha Wasson, 83, homemaker, died Tuesday. Services pending. Hutchins-Maples, Bristow.
Drumright - Georgia Semler, 71, trucking company secretary, died Tuesday. Services pending. Michael's.
- John Leonard Wallace, 61, youth guidance specialist, died Sunday. Service 1 p.m. Thursday, Freedom Life Church of God, Tulsa. Michael's.
Garber - Sue Ann (Bucholz) Ehlers, 66, died Monday. Service 2 p.m. Friday, First Baptist Church, Billings. Dugger, Billings.
Grove - Jean M. Clark, 95, died Sunday. Service 2 p.m. Wednesday, Worley-Luginbuel Funeral Home Chapel.
Hartshorne - Keevin Cathey, 53, oil-field derrick hand, died Saturday in McAlester. Graveside service 2 p.m. Wednesday, Damon Valley Cemetery. Brumley-Mills.
Hennessey - Betty Marney, 71, died Tuesday. Service 2 p.m. Friday, First Baptist Church. Brown-Cummings, Enid.
Henryetta - Floyd M. "Junior" Osborne, 28, died Sunday in Okemah. Wake 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and service 2 p.m. Thursday, both at Greenleaf Baptist Church, Okemah. Integrity.
Ketchum - Lewyn E. "Junior" Smith, 85, general contractor, died Oct. 12 in Vinita. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Luginbuel South Grand Lake Funeral Home, Langley, and service 2 p.m. Friday, Ketchum Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Locust Grove - Debbie E. McGuire, 54, died Monday. Services pending. Shipman's, Pryor.
McAlester - Patricia Cotton, 72, died Sept. 24. Memorial service 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Grand Avenue First United Methodist Church. Bishop.
- Delbert L. "Leroy" Weaver, 61, Kibois Community Workshop custodian, died Sunday in Tulsa. Service 2 p.m. Thursday, Brumley-Mills Funeral Home Chapel.
Muskogee - Minnie L. "Rita" Lane, 74, retired from Corning Glass, died Monday. Services pending. Cornerstone.
- Brenda Faye Watkins, 49, former Sonic manager, died Sunday. Private family services. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
Oakhurst - Paul Eugene Arnold, 44, died Sunday. Services pending. Mark Griffith-Riverside, Sand Springs.
Owasso - Julia L. Cook, 91, Cities Service Oil Co. bookkeeper, died Monday in Collinsville. Services pending. Mowery.
Park Hill - Perry Duey Keys, 84, retired Air Force master sergeant, died Monday. Graveside service 1 p.m. Thursday, Fort Gibson National Cemetery, Fort Gibson. Green Country, Tahlequah.
Perry - Freda M. Campbell, 87, formerly of Perry, died Monday in Tulsa. Private family services. Brown-Dugger.
Ponca City - Robert Rouse, 89, died Monday. Services pending. Trout.
Poteau - Alvie Alfred McClain, 88, Marine Corps veteran, died Monday in Talihina. Service 10 a.m. Thursday, First Free Will Baptist Church, and graveside service 1 p.m. Thursday, Fort Smith National Cemetery, Fort Smith, Ark. Evans & Miller.
Pryor - Lola M. Hamm, 94, retired binder, died Tuesday in Chouteau. Services pending. Stephens.
Rocky Mountain - Vanessa L. Mankiller, 59, homemaker, died Tuesday. Services pending. Reed-Culver, Tahlequah.
Sand Springs - Luanne Bolding, 53, retired Bank of Oklahoma clerk, died Saturday. Visitation 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Mobley-Dodson Funeral Home. Private family services.
- Allen Leslie Burkart, 73, retired International Vehicle Inc. welder, died Monday. Visitation 5-8 p.m. Wednesday and service 2 p.m. Thursday, both at Dillon & Smith Funeral Home.
- Cecil Ray Ivey, 88, Piping Engineering Co. president, died Monday. Services pending. Moore's Southlawn, Tulsa.
- Forrest Anthony Scearce, 84, retired Baroid chemical engineer, died Tuesday. Graveside service 2 p.m. Thursday, Bryan Chapel Cemetery, Boatman. Mobley-Dodson.
Sapulpa - Mark Endicott Coble Jr., 31, granite industry worker, died Thursday. Service 2 p.m. Wednesday, Extreme Worship & Outreach Center, Glenpool. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
- Vera Fern Combs, 95, homemaker, died Monday in Tulsa. Private family services. Kennedy-Midtown, Tulsa.
Shady Point - Danny Pevytoe, 52, laborer, died Saturday. Services pending. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
Tahlequah - Cynthia Deanne (Scott) Chandler, 55, Head Start teacher, died Saturday. Memorial service 10 a.m. Thursday, Proctor Baptist Church, Proctor. Serenity, Tulsa.
- Danny R. Glasgow, 65, Northeastern State University professor, died Oct. 11. Memorial service 11 a.m. Thursday, Hart Funeral Home Chapel.
- Carl "Bud" Wiseley, 81, Green Country Floor Covering owner, died Sunday. Service 11 a.m. Wednesday, Green Country Funeral Home Chapel.
Talihina - Sarah Carman Duncan, 45, chef, died Monday in Fort Smith, Ark. Memorial service 10 a.m. Thursday, First United Methodist Church. Talihina Funeral Home.
Vinita - Debra L. (Porter) Allen, 54, store clerk, died Oct. 13. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Luginbuel Funeral Home, and service 11 a.m. Saturday, United Missionary Baptist Church.
- Rickey (Jones) Coppedge, 65, died Tuesday. Services pending. Luginbuel.
Death notice policy
The Tulsa World publishes free death notices. Funeral homes may submit death notices from 4 to 10:30 p.m. daily. For information about news obituaries, call 581-8325.
Circle of Life
In an effort to honor those who have donated either organs, eyes or tissue, the Tulsa World is participating in the "Circle of Life" campaign sponsored by the Global Organization for Organ Donation (GOOD).
If your loved one was a donor, please inform the funeral director if you would like to have the "Circle of Life" logo placed in his or her listing.