12 Days of Cookies presented by Hiland Dairy
By Staff Reports
Thursday, November 08, 2012
11/09/12 at 10:43 AM
How to Play:
Readers submit their favorite holiday cookie recipes to the Tulsa World from Sunday, November 11, 2012 through Friday, December 7.
They can submit their recipes online at tulsaworld.com/food, then click on the 12 Days of Cookies logo or mail their recipes along with their name and phone number to: Tulsa World, 12 Days of Cookies, P.O. Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102-1770.
Twelve (12) winning entries will be published in the paper. One recipe will be highlighted each day beginning December 13, 2012 and ending December 24, 2012.
Winning entries will receive a year supply of free milk from Hiland Dairy. 52 coupons for one (1) free gallon of Hiland Dairy milk will be issued to each winner. Coupons must be redeemed at the store of the winner's choice where Hiland Dairy products are sold. Total value not to exceed $300.
12 Days of Cookies presented by Hiland Dairy: Official Contest Rules & Instructions
1. Dates and Sponsorship: The contest begins Sunday, November 11, 2012 through Friday, December 7. The Sponsors are World Publishing Company and Hiland Dairy.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participants agree to these Official Rules. Other restrictions may apply.
2. Prize: Winning entries will receive a year supply of free milk from Hiland Dairy. 52 coupons for one (1) free gallon of Hiland Dairy milk will be issued to each winner. Coupons must be redeemed at the store of the winner's choice where Hiland Dairy products are sold. Total value not to exceed $300. The Winner must be a US citizen and have a valid driver's license or government issued identification card. The Winner must pay all applicable federal, state, and local taxes on Prize. The Prize may not be extended, transferred or substituted, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of similar, equal or greater value if necessary at their discretion.
3. To Enter: Readers submit their favorite holiday cookie recipes to the Tulsa World from Sunday, November 11, 2012 through Friday, December 7. They can submit their recipes online at tulsaworld.com/food, then click on the 12 Days of Cookies logo or mail their recipes along with their name and phone number to: Tulsa World, 12 Days of Cookies, P.O. Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102-1770. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Participants who fail to complete the entry will not be notified by Sponsor and their entries may be disregarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Eligibility: There is no limit on number of recipes submitted either online or by mail. Employees of World Publishing Company and their immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, and grandparents) are not eligible to win. Before receiving Prize and as a condition of receiving such Prize, the Winner(s) must provide valid photo identification or government-issued identification featuring their name, date of birth, and address as it appeared on the entry, offer proof of proper age, and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor which, among other disclaimers, releases World Publishing Company and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, advertisers, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to this Contest and the receipt and use of the prize. Failure to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and release prior to claiming Prize, without making changes, will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate winner. The Winner(s) may also be required to sign other legal documents (including tax forms).
5. Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, participants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved solely by Sponsor, without resort to any other forum, proceeding or action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives and foregoes all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
6. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oklahoma, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Oklahoma) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oklahoma. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. General Release: By entering the Contest, participants release World Publishing Company, and each of the respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
8. Miscellaneous: All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winner, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these conditions. Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest, or any part of this Contest, should any causes beyond its control corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Contest as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they reasonably suspect or believe to be tampering with the entry process or the award mechanism or to be acting in violation of these rules. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Contest in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
9. Consent To Use of Information: Participants specifically acknowledge, waive, release and agree that Sponsor may utilize any information obtained from participants in order to contact participant and/or to offer Sponsors' products or services. By accepting a prize, the Winner consents, agrees and grants to Sponsor a limited license to the use their name, photograph (including the use and appearance of Winner's photograph on Sponsor’s web pages), likeness, biographical information, voice, and e-mail address in this and future promotions and publicity without further compensation, except where specifically prohibited by law.
10. Sponsors: The 12 Days of Cookies contest is sponsored by World Publishing Company and Hiland Dairy whose decisions regarding the selection of the Winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. World Publishing Company will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, contact World Publishing Company, Attn: 12 Days of Cookies Contest, P.O. Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102-1770.