Five people injured in Mannford apartment fire Monday night
BY AMANDA BLAND World Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
11/13/12 at 4:49 PM
Several people were injured in an accidental structure fire at an apartment building Monday night in Mannford.
Five people received medical treatment for varying degrees of burn injuries following a blaze at the Salt Creek Apartments, 254 Hinton Blvd., firefighters said.
Crews responded at 5:40 p.m. and found four units engulfed in flames.
Families inside the units had evacuated by the time emergency personnel arrived to the complex. They received aid from the Mannford Ministerial Alliance, firefighters said.
A 58-year-old woman was transported by ambulance to Hillcrest Medical Center in serious condition, said EMSA spokeswoman Kelli Bruer.
Fire officials said the fire was caused by a mechanical failure in an area where a gas heater and water tank were located.