BY Staff Reports
Monday, November 19, 2012
11/19/12 at 3:52 AM
Our contributors Matt Doyle, James
Royal, Jason Collington and Matt
Clayton hand out advice throughout
the fantasy football season.
1. Robert Griffin III had a career day after 4 touchdowns and running for 84 yards. He threw to nine receivers. Six of them only had one catch. Pierre Garcon played but wasn't himself with only 3 catches for 5 yards. With four first-round worthy wide receivers in this next draft, it's obvious what this team needs. Maybe free agent Dwayne Bowe comes to town.
2. If there is no drama, Dez Bryant can dominate. He looked like the best receiver in the game against the Browns secondary (yes, some of that was because Pro Bowler Joe Haden wasn't playing). I know Cowboy Nation in Dallas and Stillwater is cheering him on, and I hope he can continue this streak. Nine catches for 120 yards and a touchdown in one half of football is hard to do in this game.
3. Here's a bust-of-the-year candidate: LeSean McCoy. He's at 705 yards and 2 touchdowns and was carted off the field against Washington with a concussion. This was someone in the top five of most drafts after scoring 17 touchdowns last season. With a new coach and quarterback next season looking like a reality, who knows if he will ever get back there.
4. For those scoring at home, Andrew Luck is 11 passing touchdowns behind Peyton Manning. They have thrown about the same number of yards. Luck's team is a game behind Manning's.
5. Why I don't believe Tim Tebow should be talked about as much as he is: 1/1, -1 yards. And this stat is after four quarters of football on Sunday. His season total? Forty total passing yards. Zero touchdowns. It's time for Rex Ryan to grab another snack.
- JASON COLLINGTON
Put on your radar: Justin Blackmon
WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
OK, it's official, Justin Blackmon will not be Rashaun Woods. The odds of that had been slim anyway, but through 10 weeks of his rookie season, Blackmon had failed to deliver on his potential as a high draft choice for Jacksonville.
On Sunday, Blackmon finished with seven catches for a team-high 236 yards and a touchdown. The best news for the Jaguars might be that they've found a decent quarterback option in Chad Henne. Yeah, I just said that. Anyone could be better than Blaine Gabbert.
Back to Blackmon, if you're in need of a receiver or flex player this week, take time to consider Blackmon as an option. Blackmon had not had a 100-yard game yet this season but he could have another nice game Week 12 against Tennessee. My advice is to add Blackmon, hope he can build off this performance and not look back.
- MATT CLAYTON