BY Staff Reports
Thursday, November 22, 2012
11/22/12 at 3:34 AM
- Tulsa's City Hall and other government offices will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Public safety and mission critical operations will operate as normal. Residents who need assistance with a water or sewer problem may call the city's 24-hour emergency hotline, 918-596-9488.
- Tulsa's residential refuse, recycling and green waste will not be collected Thursday. Customers whose regular pickup day is Thursday should set out their materials for Friday collection. Friday customers will have their collections moved to Saturday.
- For customers who have twice-a-week trash pickup, the schedule will be as follows: Monday/Thursday customers will have Monday/Friday service, while Tuesday/Friday customers will have Tuesday/Saturday service. Wednesday/Saturday customers will have no change in their service days.
- The city's green waste site, 10401 E. 56th St. North, will be closed Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday, but it will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. It resumes its normal schedule Tuesday.
- Wood chips and free firewood are available at the city's green waste site, and Tulsa utility customers are allowed to drop off yard waste free of charge.
- Park recreation centers will be closed Thursday and Friday, but outdoor facilities will be accessible.
- The city's Animal Welfare Center will be closed Thursday but open Friday, as will the Mohawk and Page Belcher golf courses.
- The Tulsa Zoo and Gilcrease Museum will be open Thursday and Friday.
- The Tulsa Performing Arts Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Tulsa Transit will not have service Thursday. Saturday-level service will be provided Friday.