Music festival now accepting applications
BY JENNIFER CHANCELLOR World Scene Writer
Saturday, December 15, 2012
12/15/12 at 4:45 AM
The Norman Music Festival is accepting online applications for its 2013 festival April 25-27 in the downtown arts district of Norman.
The open call ends Dec. 30.
"We placed more than 200 bands in the 2012 festival, out of just more than 500 open call submissions," said Kent Johnson, 2013 NMF chairman, in a statement.
"We are expecting 2013 submissions to at least match last year's numbers and most likely exceed them."
Application is free. Rules, guidelines and submission forms can be found at tulsaworld.com/nmf
The festival, entering its fifth year, is free and open to the public. Thursday and Friday night entertainment will be predominantly at indoor locations while Saturday will feature the full-blown festival atmosphere complete with street closures and large outdoor stages, organizers said.
Headlining act - Portugal. The Man - has already been announced, and more performers will be announced soon.
Previous headliners include The Walkmen, Dirty Projectors, Of Montreal, Leon Russell, Electric Six, The Sword, The Polyphonic Spree and Chainsaw Kittens.
Original Print Headline: Apply to Norman festival
Jennifer Chancellor 918-581-8346