Government offices, services shut down over holiday
BY Staff Reports
Sunday, December 23, 2012
12/23/12 at 4:44 AM
Tulsa's City Hall and other government offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday for the Christmas holiday.
Public safety and mission-critical operations, however, will operate as normal. Residents who need assistance with a water or sewer problem can call the city's 24-hour emergency number, 918-596-9488.
No residential refuse, recycling, yard waste or bulky waste collection will take place Tuesday. Many customers will experience a change in their collection days.
For customers with once-a-week collection services:
Customers with twice-a-week trash service will experience the following changes:
- No change in service for Monday customers.
- Tuesday customers will be collected on Wednesday; Wednesday customers will be collected Thursday; Thursday customers will be collected Friday; and Friday customers will be collected Saturday.
The city's green waste disposal site, 10401 E. 56th St. North, will be closed Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Monday and Thursday customers will be collected Monday and Friday.
- Tuesday and Friday customers will be collected Wednesday and Saturday.
- Wednesday and Saturday customers will be collected Thursday and Saturday.
The Animal Welfare Shelter, 3031 N. Erie Ave., will be open noon to 4 p.m. Monday and closed Tuesday.
Park recreation centers will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Mohawk and Page Belcher golf courses will be open Monday but closed Tuesday.
Tulsa Zoo will be open Monday but closed Tuesday.
Gilcrease Museum will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
Tulsa Performing Arts Center administrative offices will be closed Monday through Wednesday, but the ticket office will be open Wednesday.
Tulsa Transit will provide Saturday-level service Monday. Bus service will not operate Tuesday.
Original Print Headline: Offices close for holiday