BY Staff Reports
Friday, January 04, 2013
1/04/13 at 2:59 AM
Abington, Wesley Eric, 45, nurse's aide, died Wednesday. Service 11 a.m. Monday, First Baptist Church, Pawnee. Poteet, Pawnee.
Baker, Carlos, 70, died Sunday. Services pending. Reynolds Rose Hill.
Baty, Laura M., 55, airline service representative, died Dec. 27. Memorial service 11:30 a.m. Monday, Reynolds Funeral Home Chapel.
Burks, Chester, 67, retired from American Airlines, died Dec. 27. Visitation noon-7 p.m. Friday, Crown Hill Chapel, and service 11 a.m. Saturday, Paradise Baptist Church.
Burns, Donald Lynch, 80, elementary school physical education teacher, died Thursday. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Friday, Hayhurst Funeral Home, Broken Arrow, and service 1 p.m. Saturday, Rhema Bible Church, Broken Arrow.
Claes, Wanda Louise, 79, secretary, died Wednesday. Visitation 2-3 p.m. Sunday and service 11 a.m. Monday, both at Paul Thomas Funeral Home, Miami, Okla.
Dyer, Mark R., 51, certified public accountant, died Monday. Service 10 a.m. Saturday, Metropolitan Baptist Church, Oklahoma City. Vondel L. Smith, Oklahoma City.
Garcia, Nemencio Q. Jr., 49, laborer, died Tuesday. Private family service. Add'Vantage.
Guerrero de Santiago, Maricela, 51, homemaker, died Sunday. Rosary 6 p.m. Friday, Rose Hill Funeral Home Chapel.
Hall, Dorothy Jean, 72, homemaker, died Monday in Muskogee. Memorial service 2 p.m. Saturday, Jack's Funeral Home Chapel.
Kinnard, Milford Eli Jr., 66, laborer, died Dec. 27 in Oklahoma City. Service 11 a.m. Saturday, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Claremore. Jack's.
Mathes, Maxine, 92, tag agency cashier, died Wednesday. Service 2 p.m. Saturday, Mark Griffith-Westwood Funeral Home Chapel.
McKinney, Jane (Tatlock), 93, homemaker, died Thursday. Services pending. Moore's Southlawn.
Mims, Zetta Mae, 69, administrative assistant, died Friday. Service 11 a.m. Saturday, Kingdom of Faith Deliverance Church of God in Christ. Jack's.
Muehlberg, Geraldine Alice, 80, St. Francis Hospital PBX operator, died Wednesday. Memorial service 11 a.m. Saturday, Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church. Moore's Southlawn.
Munn, Ruth Helen Roeske, 96, real estate agent, died Monday. Celebration of life 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Walden Yacht Club, Montgomery, Texas. Schmidt, Brookshire, Texas.
Newman, Clarene S., 92, homemaker, died Thursday. Memorial service 2 p.m. Saturday, First Presbyterian Church. Moore's Memory.
Pribyl, Sally Ashe (Barbour), 88, died Wednesday. Graveside service 11 a.m. Saturday, Memorial Park Cemetery. Corbett, Oklahoma City.
Smith, Jamal Sidney, 19, died Monday. Visitation noon-7 p.m. Friday and service 2 p.m. Saturday, both at Crown Hill Chapel.
Stratman, Geraldyne A., 88, insurance executive, died Monday. No local services planned. Add'Vantage.
Turley, Janis, 64, homemaker, died Wednesday. Services pending. Ninde Brookside.
Watts, Maggie Lee, 84, housekeeper, died Dec. 26 in Denver. Services pending. Jack's.
Wiedower, Robert Anthony, 58, Postal Service customer analyst, died Tuesday. Rosary 7 p.m. Friday, Hayhurst Funeral Home Chapel, Broken Arrow, and funeral Mass 11 a.m. Saturday, St. Anne Catholic Church, Broken Arrow.
Funeral home, church and cemetery locations are in the city under which the death notice is listed unless otherwise noted.
Bartlesville - John Sigler Ball, 98, retired from Phillips Petroleum Co., died Sunday in Denver. Graveside service 10 a.m. Monday, Memorial Park Cemetery. Arnold Moore & Neekamp.
- Wesley R. White, 77, retired oil producer, died Wednesday. Services pending. Stumpff.
- Connie Jo Young, 68, died Tuesday. Service 10:30 a.m. Monday, Matoaka Baptist Church, Ochelata. Stumpff.
Bixby - Robert Leslie Harper, 67, retired banker, died Thursday. Services pending. Schaudt's, Glenpool.
Blackwell - Marjorie (Logan) Bevington, 82, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Friday, Trout Funeral Home Chapel.
Broken Arrow - Lynn M. Bartholomew, 85, retired teacher, died Wednesday. Services pending. Serenity, Tulsa.
- Theda Ruth Kepke, 69, hairdresser, died Thursday. Services pending. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
Catoosa - Nell Hobbs, 83, homemaker, died Wednesday. Services pending. Kennedy-Kennard.
Checotah - Billy Blalock, 82, died Thursday in Muskogee. Services pending. Garrett.
- Stella M. Pippin, 79, White Stag Sewing Factory cutting room assistant, died Thursday in Henryetta. Visitation 5-7 p.m. Friday, Garrett Funeral Home, and service 1 p.m. Saturday, First Baptist Church.
- Charles E. Wood, 80, truck driver, died Thursday in McAlester. Services pending. Garrett.
Claremore - Thomas C. "Dude" Goodmon, 89, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Saturday, Rice Funeral Home Chapel.
- Joyce Yvonne (Sumter) Lutz, 76, homemaker, died Wednesday. Visitation 4-7 p.m. Friday and service 11 a.m. Saturday, both at Musgrove-Merriott-Smith Funeral Home.
Coffeyville, Kan. - Robert L. Armstrong, 77, retired from Windsor Place, died Thursday. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Friday, Barnes Funeral Home, and graveside service 10 a.m. Saturday, Spring Hill Cemetery.
- Baylie Rae Gillespie, 1, died Tuesday in Independence. Service 2 p.m. Monday, Westside Christian Church. Barnes.
- Shirley J. Nutter, 80, retired from Automotive Control Corp., died Thursday in Bartlesville, Okla. Graveside service 2 p.m. Saturday, Restlawn Memorial Park. Barnes.
Coweta - Bert I. Gillenwater, 92, Gillenwater & Son Construction Co. owner, died Sunday in Tulsa. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Friday and service 2 p.m. Saturday, both at Wright-Brown Funeral Home.
- Jerry A. Nelms, 73, doctor, died Wednesday. Visitation 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Wright-Brown Funeral Home. Services pending.
Cushing - Minnie Eva Mae Crouch, 99, homemaker, died Thursday in Meeker. Graveside service 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Parkland Cemetery, Lincoln. Palmer Marler.
- Joyce Ann Radford, 64, homemaker, died Thursday in Drumright. Private family services. Palmer Marler.
Eucha - Tommy Taylor, 46, millwright, died Sunday in Salina. Service 2 p.m. Tuesday, Delaware Baptist Church, Grove. Worley-Luginbuel, Grove.
Fort Gibson - Laura Ann Griffith, 69, real estate agent, died Thursday. Services pending. Cornerstone, Muskogee.
Grove - Phillip C. Stowell Sr., 75, retired Air Force lieutenant colonel, died Dec. 18. Services pending. Worley-Luginbuel.
Guthrie - Lisa Renee Cunningham, 54, beautician, died Dec. 22. Memorial service 2 p.m. Saturday, Mobley-Dodson Funeral Home Chapel, Sand Springs.
Hartshorne - Robin Hugle, 63, registered nurse, died Monday in McAlester. Visitation 4-6 p.m. Friday and service 2 p.m. Saturday, both at Brumley-Mills Funeral Home.
Henryetta - Daryl Lee Owens, 38, brick and stone mason, died Wednesday. Services pending. Integrity.
- Dovie Lee Wilson, 82, homemaker, died Sunday. Service 2 p.m. Saturday, Shurden Funeral Home Chapel.
Holdenville - Sarah L. Kassen, 64, dental hygienist, died Sunday. Memorial service 2 p.m. Saturday, Fisher Funeral Home Chapel.
Hulbert - Ruth (Bryant) Wilson, 92, licensed practical nurse, died Monday. Service 2 p.m. Friday, Mallett Funeral Home Chapel, Wagoner.
Jenks - Delbert A. Goad, 80, Ridley's Sound Inc. manager, died Tuesday. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Friday and service 10 a.m. Saturday, both at Moore's Southlawn Funeral Home, Tulsa.
Locust Grove - Mark Cozad, 24, Cadet Truck Bodies welder and leadman, died Sunday. Service 2 p.m. Saturday, Key Funeral Home Chapel.
McAlester - Lahoma Jewell Hall, 87, homemaker, died Monday. Service 11 a.m. Saturday, Brumley-Mills Funeral Home Chapel, Hartshorne.
Miami - Betty Bridgewater, 81, homemaker, died Tuesday in Grove. No services planned. Brown-Winters.
Milfay - Preston Neil Smythe, infant son of Racheal and Robert Smythe, died Sunday in Stroud. Graveside service 10:30 a.m. Friday, Stroud Cemetery, Stroud. Parks Brothers, Stroud.
Morris - Yvonne L. (Holland) Guthrie, 51, homemaker, died Tuesday in Brownsville, Texas. Visitation 1-6 p.m. Sunday, McClendon-Winters Funeral Home, and graveside service 11 a.m. Monday, Council Hill Cemetery, Muskogee.
Muskogee - Lloyd Bullard, 66, handyman, died Tuesday. No local services planned. Add'Vantage, Tulsa.
- Charles Donald "Don" Langston, 67, Muskogee Regional Hearing Aid Lab owner, died Dec. 27. Memorial service 1 p.m. Monday, Elm Grove Assembly of God. Keith D. Biglow.
Panama - Carolyn Sue Troxler, 69, homemaker, died Wednesday. Service 1 p.m. Saturday, Grace Manor Funeral Home Chapel, Poteau.
Ponca City - Donna P. Havens, 82, bookkeeper, died Tuesday in Tulsa. Services pending. Grace.
- Mary Ellen Mackey, 73, died Wednesday. Graveside service 2 p.m. Monday, Odd Fellows Cemetery. Trout.
- Carolyn Younger, 64, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Monday, First United Methodist Church. Trout.
Roland - Katheryn Bernice Moore, 85, Wortz Biscuit Co. worker, died Wednesday. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Friday, Agent & Mallory-Martin Funeral Home, Muldrow, and graveside service 1 p.m. Saturday, Lee's Chapel Cemetery, Muldrow.
Sand Springs - Lima Lavae (Enyart) Treat, 99, homemaker, died Tuesday in Jenks. Service 1 p.m. Monday, Mobley-Dodson Funeral Home Chapel.
Sapulpa - James H. Morris, 74, control engineer, died Thursday. Service 10 a.m. Saturday, General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn. Palmer Marler, Cushing.
Skiatook - Barbara E. Leard, 83, forklift operator, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Saturday, Floral Haven Funeral Home Chapel, Broken Arrow.
- Robert McDoulett, 75, pipefitter, died Sunday. Graveside service 1 p.m. Saturday, Ridgelawn Cemetery, Collinsville. Reynolds, Tulsa.
Stillwater - Anna Mae Davison, 95, died Wednesday. Service 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Calvary Baptist Church, Perry. Perry Funeral Home, Perry.
- Charles Vester Luce Jr., 84, retired, died Tuesday. Services pending. Strode.
Stilwell - David Ray Burris, 51, supervisor, died Sunday in Tulsa. Service 2 p.m. Friday, Roberts/Reed-Culver Funeral Home Chapel.
Tahlequah - Betty Mae (Briner) Berry, 87, homemaker, died Wednesday. Services pending. Green Country.
- Willie Ryder, 83, Georgia Pacific security guard, died Tuesday. Visitation noon-8 p.m. Friday, Reed-Culver Funeral Home, and service 10 a.m. Saturday, New Life Worship Center.
Westville - Raymond Dean Turner, 67, truck driver, died Wednesday in Fayetteville, Ark. Service 10 a.m. Saturday, Roberts & Hart Funeral Home Chapel.
Yale - Merriam "Bunny" Bunyard, 80, retired from International Union of Operating Engineers, died Thursday. Services pending. Chapman-Black, Cleveland, Okla.
- Floyd Mathews, 65, police officer, died Wednesday in Tulsa. Service 2 p.m. Monday, Church of Christ, Mannford. Palmer Marler.
- Finley Charles Morrow, 72, retired oil-field worker, died Tuesday in Cushing. Service 2 p.m. Friday, Assembly of God. Palmer Marler.
Death notice policy
The Tulsa World publishes free death notices. Funeral homes may submit death notices from 4 to 10:30 p.m. daily. For information about news obituaries, call 581-8325.
Circle of Life
In an effort to honor those who have donated either organs, eyes or tissue, the Tulsa World is participating in the "Circle of Life" campaign sponsored by the Global Organization for Organ Donation (GOOD).
If your loved one was a donor, please inform the funeral director if you would like to have the "Circle of Life" logo placed in his or her listing.