Man killed in accidental fire identified
BY AMANDA BLAND World Staff Writer
Friday, January 18, 2013
1/18/13 at 4:46 PM
Correction: An earlier version of this story contained the wrong name of the deceased. The story has been corrected.
The state Medical Examiner’s Office released the name of a man who died during a house fire Monday.
Kenneth Horton, 72, was found unconscious inside a burning home in the 1600 block of West Newton Street, firefighters said. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Fire investigators found several potential sources for the blaze, which was accidental, Fire Capt. Stan May said.
A space heater, an overloaded extension cord, an oxygen tank, smoking materials and flammable objects including magazines were all found in the area where the fire ignited.