BY Staff Reports
Saturday, February 02, 2013
2/02/13 at 2:45 AM
Berry, James Franklin "Frank," 96, retired Berry Co. Realtors owner and broker, died Friday. Services pending. Ninde Brookside.
Carden, Barry Wyn, 62, computer programmer, found dead Friday. Services pending. Kennedy-Midtown.
Cunningham, Bill L., 83, retired real estate broker, died Wednesday. Memorial service 2 p.m. Feb. 8, St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church. A
Darr, Jeannette E. (Gould), 87, died Thursday in Catoosa. Services pending. Kennedy-Kennard, Broken Arrow.
Dunsworth, Curtis Allen, 21, died Thursday in Oklahoma City. Services pending. Kennedy-Midtown.
Freeman, Monte, 74, cook, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Monday, Green Hill Funeral Home Chapel, Sapulpa.
Gant, Carolyn June (Gold), 63, city of Tulsa administrative assistant, died Friday. Services pending, Mobley-Dodson, Sand Springs.
Garman, Opal Lee, 88, retired Tulsa Public Schools clerk, died Thursday. Visitation 5-8 p.m. Sunday, Heath-Griffith Funeral Home; service 11 a.m. Monday, Trinity Baptist Church; and graveside service 1:30 p.m. Monday, Mount Hope Cemetery, Afton.
Glandon, Virginia Elizabeth, 94, Benedictine College associate professor of history, died Friday. Service 11 a.m. Monday, Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Sapulpa. Moore's Southlawn.
Hedrick, Lorin R., 90, Internal Revenue Service agent, died Wednesday. Visitation 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Moore's Rosewood Funeral Home, and service 10 a.m. Monday, Will Rogers United Methodist Church.
Johnson, Clyde H., 59, retired from Oklahoma Natural Gas, died Thursday. Services pending. Green Hill, Sapulpa.
Lewis, Cathy Sue, 58, accountant, died Thursday. Private family services. Moore's Rosewood.
Loyd, Daphne F., 100, former Daphne's Frame Shop owner, died Friday. Services pending. Heath-Griffith.
Manuel, O'neal, 92, died Wednesday. Visitations noon-8 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday, both at Floral Haven Funeral Home, Broken Arrow. Private family services.
Ramirez, Peggy Ann, (Whitmore), 63, homemaker, died Thursday. Services pending. Serenity.
Funeral home, church and cemetery locations are in the city under which the death notice is listed unless otherwise noted.
Avant - Kathy Grace, 70, retired Department of Human Services secretary, formerly of Tulsa, died Friday. Services pending. Sien-Shelton, Skiatook.
Barnsdall - Janice C. Swift, 68, died Wednesday. Service 2 p.m. Feb. 8, Cornerstone Community Church. Stumpff.
Bartlesville - Zona Mae Brewer, 81, retired office manager, died Jan. 31. Memorial service 2 p.m. Thursday, East Cross United Methodist Church. Arnold Moore & Neekamp.
- Mary Louise Knoblett, 80, pharmacy clerk, died Wednesday in Tulsa. Private family services. Walker-Brown.
- Kenneth Patrick "Pat" Mitchell, 55, died Wednesday. Graveside service 2 p.m. Monday, Dewey Cemetery, Dewey. Davis, Dewey.
- Morgan A. Waldrop, 76, retired from Phillips Petroleum Co., died Thursday. Visitations 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Arnold Moore & Neekamp Funeral Home, and service 1:30 p.m. Monday, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Bixby - Elmer "Gene" Watkins, 78, minister, died Wednesday. Services pending. Floral Haven, Broken Arrow.
Blackwell - Michael Don Bigler, 53, died Thursday. Service 11 a.m. Tuesday, First Free Will Baptist Church. Roberts & Son.
- Olive Faye (Ballard) Noblett, 95, died Monday. Graveside service 11 a.m. Friday, Bixby Cemetery, Bixby. Trout.
- James J. Teske Sr., 93, died Friday. Services pending. Trout.
Broken Arrow - Margaret Ann Goodwin, 65, teacher, died Tuesday. Service 1 p.m. Monday, Hayhurst Funeral Home Chapel.
- David Swan, 77, market manager, died Wednesday. Service 3 p.m. Tuesday, Floral Haven Funeral Home Chapel.
Catoosa - Ruby Ann (Hedges) Gorbet, 59, Flight Safety clerk, died Thursday. Services pending. Serenity, Tulsa.
- Carol D. Nysveen, 77, American Airlines aircraft mechanic, died Thursday. Service 12:30 p.m. Monday, Floral Haven Funeral Home Chapel.
Checotah - Ella Wee Every, 84, homemaker, died Wednesday. Service 2 p.m. Monday, First Assembly of God. Garrett.
Collinsville - Deanna Deason, 69, computer board assembler, died Tuesday. Service 2 p.m. Monday, Mowery Funeral Home Chapel, Owasso.
Coweta - Hazel Ruth (Jones) Hall, 82, bank cashier, died Friday in Tulsa. Services pending. Mallett, Wagoner.
Cushing - Edna Lou (Meyer) Peterman, 84, bank employee, died Friday. Service 3 p.m. Monday, Oak Grove Baptist Church. Davis.
Eufaula - Bobby Joe Laughlin Jr., 47, city of Eufaula maintenance worker, died Tuesday. Visitation 1-8 p.m. Sunday, Hunn Black & Merritt Funeral Home, and service 10 a.m. Monday, First Baptist Church.
Holdenville - Floy (Treat) Davis, 72, homemaker, died Thursday in Okemah. Graveside service 11 a.m. Monday, Holdenville Cemetery. Fisher.
Hulbert - Delmar Ray Bailey, 71, sanitation worker, died Thursday in Muskogee. Visitation noon-6 p.m. Sunday and service 10 a.m. Monday, both at Reed-Culver Funeral Home, Tahlequah.
Jenks - Brenda Sue (Nelson) Coachman, 63, died Thursday. Service 10 a.m. Monday, Solid Rock Baptist Church, Glenpool. Smith, Sapulpa.
Mannford - Mary Adkins, 87, retired, died Thursday. Services pending. Kennedy-Midtown, Tulsa.
McAlester - Rena Margaret (Lalli) Bonnet, 91, homemaker, died Tuesday in Tulsa. Private family services. Brumley-Mills.
- Neoma Jean "Sis" (Power) Laughlin, 69, cook, died Thursday. Visitation 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, Hunn Black & Merritt, Eufaula, and service 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Full Gospel Church, Canadian.
Muldrow - Margarett Inez Wolfe, 44, died Thursday in Fort Smith, Ark. Service 2 p.m. Monday, First Baptist Church. Agent & Mallory Martin, Sallisaw.
Muskogee - Eola Mae Atkinson, 93, retired cook and Sonic manager, died Tuesday. Services pending. Keith D. Biglow.
- Brenda J. Campbell, 63, retired from the Department of Corrections, died Friday. Services pending. Cornerstone.
- Lucy (Turner) Rooney, 83, homemaker, died Monday in Tulsa. Funeral Mass 11 a.m. Saturday, St. Joseph Catholic Church. Foster-Petering.
- Wilma Criner Washington, 94, retired teacher, formerly of Muskogee, died Tuesday in Wichita, Kan. Private family services. Keith D. Biglow.
Oilton - Lori Ann Marshall, 49, elementary school teacher, died Thursday in Yale. Service 10 a.m. Monday, First Baptist Church. Palmer Marler.
Owasso - Belle Burd, 86, homemaker, died Wednesday. Service 10 a.m. Monday, Bethel Baptist Church. Mowery.
- Robert Michael Harrison, 66, moving company owner, died Thursday in Tulsa. Graveside service 2 p.m. Saturday, Green Acres Cemetery. Moore's Rosewood, Tulsa.
Porter - Bonnie Moreland, 92, businesswoman, died Friday. Services pending. Mallett, Wagoner.
Poteau - Loy J. Dobbins, 93, retired from the Department of Human Services, died Thursday. Service 2 p.m. Monday, Evans & Miller Funeral Home Chapel.
Pryor - Lucy Belle Schultz, 90, former Pryor mayor and businesswoman, died Thursday. Visitation 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Stephens Funeral Home, and service 2 p.m. Monday, First United Methodist Church.
Sallisaw - Sherry Arlene Childers, 37, Whirlpool assembly line worker, died Wednesday in Sallisaw. Service 10 a.m. Tuesday, Agent & Mallory Martin Funeral Home Chapel.
Skiatook - Marjorie R. Downing, 88, retired Marrs Elementary School secretary, died Friday. Service 10 a.m. Tuesday, Immanuel Baptist Church. Peters-Stumpff.
Spiro - Ray Greenwood, 39, welder, died Wednesday. Service 1 p.m. Sunday, Agent & Mallory Martin Funeral Home Chapel, Muldrow.
Stillwater - Faith LaFrance, 87, died Wednesday. Service 2 p.m. Monday, Palmer Marler Funeral Home Chapel.
Stilwell - Burdge Green, 89, doctor, died Thursday in Cookson. Services pending. Roberts/Reed-Culver.
Tahlequah - Lenora Patrick-Taylor, 91, homemaker, died Thursday. Visitation noon-6 p.m. Sunday and service 2 p.m. Monday, both at Reed-Culver Funeral Home.
- Loretta Janet "Jan" (Watson) Southerland, 80, certified nursing assistant, died Thursday. Services pending. Green Country.
Tryon - Andrew Jackson "Jack" Comer III, 66, retired horse trainer, died Jan. 23. Memorial service 10 a.m. Saturday, Davis Funeral Home Chapel, Cushing.
Death notice policy
The Tulsa World publishes free death notices. Funeral homes may submit death notices from 4 to 10:30 p.m. daily. For information about news obituaries, call 581-8325.
Circle of Life
In an effort to honor those who have donated either organs, eyes or tissue, the Tulsa World is participating in the "Circle of Life" campaign sponsored by the Global Organization for Organ Donation (GOOD).
If your loved one was a donor, please inform the funeral director if you would like to have the "Circle of Life" logo placed in his or her listing.