OSU-Tulsa spring classes for people over 50 to start Feb. 12
BY SARA PLUMMER World Staff Writer
Sunday, February 03, 2013
2/03/13 at 5:16 AM
Oklahoma State University-Tulsa will again offer classes for people older than 50 through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
The six-week courses begin Feb. 12, and people can enroll up until classes start, as long as the class doesn't fill up.
The spring semester includes:
Classes are two hours long with a break in the session.
- Southern Planes: A History of Aviation in Oklahoma, on Mondays from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium, 3624 N. 74th E. Ave.
- American Indian Material Culture, Tuesdays 10 a.m. to noon at Central Center, 1028 E. Sixth St.
- 19th Century British Poetry: Romantic and Victorian Highlights, Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon at Central Center
- Will Rogers: An American Original, Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. at Central Center
- An Educated Citizenry: Oklahoma and the Crisis in Public Education, Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m., Central Center
- Gardening with Purpose, Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m., Central Center
- Worst Case Scenario: Preparedness for Unpredictable Times, Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m., Oxley Nature Center, 6700 Mohawk Blvd.
- CSI: Tulsa, Wednesdays 10 a.m. to noon at OSU Center for Health Sciences, 1111 W. 17th St.
- More Tulsa Live, Wednesdays 1 to 3 p.m. This class is full.
- Fatal Attraction: Americans' Love Affair with Unhealthy Food, Thursdays 10 a.m., to noon at Oklahoma Methodist Manor, 4134 E. 31st St.
- Writing Your Life Story, Thursdays 10 a.m. to noon, Oklahoma Methodist Manor
- Stage Pass: American Musical Theater, Thursdays 1 to 3 p.m., Oklahoma Methodist Manor
- You May Approach the Bench: Inside Our Criminal Courts, Thursdays 1 to 3 p.m., Oklahoma Methodist Manor
OLLI membership is $50, and the first class is free. Additional classes cost $25.
Participants can enroll now by getting brochures and registration forms at Central Center, by calling 800-765-8933 or on the first day of classes at Central Center. For more information, go to tulsaworld.com/olli.
Original Print Headline: OLLI spring classes start Feb. 12