Strong chance of rain Thursday in Tulsa area
BY Staff Reports
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
2/05/13 at 1:45 PM
Tulsa World Weather: A new weather site powered by the Tulsa staff of the National Weather Service. The partnership allows Tulsa World readers to receive weather alerts, forecasts and current conditions as the staff issues them.
After a few days in the 60s, Tulsa is expected to receive some rain.
The National Weather Service forecasts a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday night in Tulsa; an 80 percent chance Thursday, then a 20 percent chance Thursday night before midnight. Tulsa also has chances of showers and thunderstorms forecast for Saturday and Sunday.
New rainfall amounts between 0.1 and 0.25 of an inch are expected Thursday, with more possible if there is a thunderstorm, according to the weather service.
So far this month, Tulsa recorded trace amounts of rain. Normal rainfall for this time of February is 0.21 of an inch, according to the weather service.
Tulsa's highs are forecast to reach the 60s through Thursday, when highs are expected to fall to the 40s with rain chances. Highs are forecast to return to the 60s by Saturday, according to the weather service.
Tulsa's lows are forecast for the 30s tonight and Thursday night; the 40s Wednesday night and Friday night; then the 50s on Saturday night. Lows are forecast to return to the 30s on Sunday night.
Tulsa's highest temperature so far this month was 68 degrees on Monday. The lowest was 16 degrees on Friday, according to the weather service.