More rain forecast for Tulsa's weekend
BY Staff Reports
Friday, February 08, 2013
2/08/13 at 1:37 PM
Tulsa World Weather: A new weather site powered by the Tulsa staff of the National Weather Service. The partnership allows Tulsa World readers to receive weather alerts, forecasts and current conditions as the staff issues them.
Tulsa received some rain Thursday and is forecast to receive more this weekend.
The National Weather Service forecasts a 40 percent chance of showers Saturday during the day, then an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight Saturday night. Sunday has a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon.
New rainfall amounts of 0.1 to 0.25 of an inch are possible without a thunderstorm. Higher amounts are possible with a thunderstorm, according to the weather service.
Tulsa recorded 0.05 of an inch of rain Thursday, the only measurable rainfall so far this month. February's rainfall is 0.33 of an inch below normal for this time of the month, according to the weather service.
Highs in Tulsa are expected to reach the 50s through Sunday, when highs are forecast to rise to the 60s. Highs are then expected in stay in the 50s each day except Tuesday for the next week, when highs in the 40s are forecast, according to the weather service.
Overnight lows in the 30s are forecast for Tulsa tonight, then lows in the upper 40s Saturday night, according to the weather service. Lows are expected to fall to the 20s Monday and Tuesday nights.
Tulsa's highest temperature so far this month was 69 degrees on Tuesday. The lowest was 16 degrees on Feb. 1.
From the Tulsa World weather blog: Photos and information on the East Coast's forecast snowstorm
Statewide two-day rainfall totals as of 9:35 a.m. today. Map courtesy of the Oklahoma Mesonet