Letter to the Editor: Some suggestions
BY Charles Corwin, Tulsa
Thursday, March 07, 2013
3/07/13 at 8:12 AM
In order to ensure that enough money is raised to keep our 10 new trash code enforcement officers employed I would like to submit the following ordinances for review:
1. All trash carts be washed inside and out once a month.
2. Items placed in cart will be weighted and AA lines 50 pounds and over rates will be used.
3. Carts must be on the driveway, not on the city right of way.
4. Carts when not on pickup day must be out of sight.
5. Carts may not be shared with neighbors, friends or family.
6. Carts cannot be used as grocery, lawn or kiddie rides.
7. Carts may not be motorized unless they are solar powered.
8. Carts may not be customized with name, address, flames, etc.
9. Carts lost or damaged will be investigated and guilty parties charged.
10. When changing addresses carts will be subject to reconditioning at homeowners' expense.
11 Recycle cart must be placed on the left side of trash cart.
12. Recycling may become mandatory at a later date.
13. Remember that carts are city property and should be treated with respect.
14. If you don't want to recycle you may use your recycle (blue) cart for a rain barrel.
15. When bagging trash please try to use biodegradable bags to protect the environment.
Editor's note: Corwin is a member of CART (Citizens Against Regulated Trash).
Letters to the editor are encouraged. Send letters to email@example.com.