The following policy governs the Tulsaworld.com web site, all uses of the Tulsaworld.com web site and all matters relating to or posted on or appearing on the web site ("Tulsaworld.com").
Check back from time to time for changes to the policy as the policy may be changed from time to time and any change shall be effective upon posting on Tulsaworld.com.
Personal information requested of you on Tulsaworld.com, including that given in connection with any registration process, may be used by Tulsaworld.com or Tulsa World for its own internal business purposes.
Tulsaworld.com reserves the right to send electronic mail to you for the purpose of informing you of changes in or additions to Tulsaworld.com or any Tulsa World product or service or special promotions of Tulsaworld.com.
Other acceptable internal business purposes include, without limitation, providing aggregated usage, usership, statistical or demographic information to advertisers and partners and marketing offers for the Tulsa World or Tulsaworld.com.
In addition, third party advertisers or third party ad servers that place and present advertising on Tulsaworld.com also may collect information from you via cookies or similar technologies. These third party advertisers and ad servers may use the information they collect to help present their advertisements, to help measure and research the advertisements' effectiveness, or for other uses.
We suggest you familiarize yourself with these separate policies as well.
Personal information provided to Tulsaworld.com is not sold, traded or otherwise purposefully delivered to a third party without the permission of the person providing that information.
Aggregated or demographic information may be given, leased or sold to third parties, but individual personal information will only be purposefully given to third parties if you have permitted us to do so.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online - for example on postings, message boards, email, web logs or similar uses- that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us.
We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information. Tulsa World takes reasonable precautions to prevent the inadvertent and/or unintended disclosure of personal information to third parties, hackers or others who may attempt to compromise the computer information maintained by Tulsa World.
Tulsa World expressly disclaims responsibility for and each User assumes the risk that a third party may hack into, obtain or illegally and improperly attempt or gain access to personal information. Each User not only assumes the risk of disclose of information but agrees not to hold Tulsa World responsible for the illegal or improper actions of third parties who attempt to compromise information concerning the User provided to Tulsa World or Tulsaworld.com.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about Users when release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Users of Tulsaworld.com, the public, or Tulsa World.
Public Forums/Comment on stories, articles, editorials, letters to editor or other content/Privacy
Only active print or digital subscribers of the Tulsa World are allowed to post comments on stories, articles, editorials, letters to editor or other content posted to Tulsaworld.com.
Please understand that personal information made available for public viewing in public message or comment on stories, articles, editorials, letters to editor or other content, on boards, responses to stories or other information, forums, chat areas and/or email may be captured and viewed by the general public.
Tulsa World cannot be held responsible for information that you reveal to others publicly on Tulsaworld.com or in any of these forums in any way, including, without limitation, comments or responses to stories, articles, editorials, letters to editor or other content or postings, public message boards, forums, chat areas, response media to postings or email or email postings.
The only way information such as your email address or any other similar information could be learned is if you specifically submit that information to us, for example through a registration system, by entering a sweepstakes or promotion, registering to respond to stories or other responses, etc. or by posting it on a public forum.
Tulsaworld.com may use "local shared objects," flash cookies, various browser-specific storage areas, and HTML 5 capabilities such as SQLite databases or similar mechanisms in connection with Tulsaworld.com.
These may also be referred to as flash cookies, local shared objects, local storage or other similar names in connection with Tulsaworld.com, including video from the Tulsaworld.com Web Site.
These devices are used to enhance your User experience, for example, by storing your User preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content, including advertisements that we serve, on our Web Site.
Local Shared Objects and similar devices are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer.
In many of the contests, polls or other online promotional events conducted on Tulsaworld.com or registering to post or respond to stories or postings, personal information is sought from participants in order to maintain fairness and control the level of participation.
Tulsaworld.com is proactive about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, Tulsaworld.com will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent.
In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information about children without the requisite parental consent, we will notify the parent via email (if possible) and delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, Tulsaworld.com has established stringent physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The Tulsaworld.com User Agreement
- 1. This User Agreement shall govern the use of this web site ("Web Site"), a service of the Tulsa World. Any and all User or Users of this Web Site (individually "User" or collectively "Users") must agree to the terms and conditions, or the use shall be deemed to be an unauthorized and improper use. By use of the Web Site, User agrees to abide by these terms and conditions at all times. By using the Web Site in any way, you are agreeing to comply with this User Agreement. TulsaWorld.com provides a collection of online resources, including, without limitation, classified ads, forums, and various email services (referred to hereafter as "the Services") subject to this Uses Agreement and following ("User Agreement"). By using the Web Site in any way, you are agreeing to comply with the Uses Agreement. In addition, when using particular the User Services, you agree to abide by any applicable posted guidelines for all User Services, which may change from time to time. Should you object to any term or condition of the User Agreement, any guidelines, or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with TulsaWorld.com in any way, your only recourse is to discontinue immediately use of the Web Site.
- 3. This Web Site is for personal, noncommercial use. (All information on the Web Site, including news, photographs, images, video or illustrations, shall be known as the "Material(s)."). The Material is protected by copyright and owned and controlled by the TulsaWorld.com or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or source materials. Users shall abide by all copyright notices or restrictions contained in any Material accessed through this Web Site.
- 4. The Web Site is protected by copyright under U.S. and International copyright laws and conventions. Without the express written permission of TulsaWorld.com or the other copyright holders, the User may not use, distribute, store, modify, publish, transmit or participate in the transfer, sale or reproduction nor create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display or store any part of the Material for purposes other than the User's personal, noncommercial use. User may copy the Material or otherwise download items for personal, noncommercial use, provided the User maintains all copyright information on such Materials.
- 5. Users shall not distribute or otherwise publish on this Web Site any information which is obscene, pornographic, abusive, libelous, defamatory and/or harassing of any other person or which otherwise violates any law ("Objectionable Content"). All postings shall be of noncommercial material and Users shall not distribute or otherwise publish any material for the solicitation of funds, advertising or the solicitation of the sale of goods and/or services. By use of this Web Site, User represents and warrants that any Materials submitted to the Web Site will not violate any copyright, trademark or privacy rights nor infringe or plagiarize any proprietary rights, contain defamatory or otherwise obscene or unlawful materials or contain objectionable material or content that is degrading on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classifications or epithets, threats, or intimidation. To the extent of the use herein, User hereby indemnifies TulsaWorld.com, its officers, directors, agents, service providers and licensees from any and all liability and costs incurred in connection with the breach by Users of any of the foregoing provisions of this User Agreement including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees and costs.
TulsaWorld.com is not responsible for the content of any messages posted on this Web Site by a User, including, without limitation, all messages, text, files, or other materials posted on, transmitted through, or linked to the Web Site ("Content"). Any User viewing the materials does so at his own risk and assumes all risks with respect to the viewing of, use or content of such materials. TulsaWorld.com reserves the right to delete, modify, edit and/or remove any messages or information, in whole or in part, posted on this Web Site that is deemed in TulsaWorld.com's sole discretion to be Objectionable Content, including, without limitation, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing of any person, defamatory or otherwise violates any law. However, TulsaWorld.com shall have no duty, obligation or responsibility to monitor the Web Site for Objectionable Content and delete, modify, edit or remove materials from the Web Site. Users shall remain solely responsible for the Content of their messages as TulsaWorld.com does not and cannot review every message or Content posted by Users. Users acknowledge that any information submitted to this service may be edited, modified, published, transmitted, deleted or otherwise revised by the TulsaWorld.com. However, the TulsaWorld.com shall have no duty, obligation or responsibility to do so if it fails to do so.
All Users understand that all Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available. You understand that TulsaWorld.com does not control, and are not responsible for Content or any Item made available through the Web Site, and that by using the Web Site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the Web Site and Content available through the Web Site may contain links to other web sites, which are completely independent of TulsaWorld.com. We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other web sites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on the Content, and that under no circumstances will TulsaWorld.com be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Web Site.
You acknowledge that TulsaWorld.com does not pre-screen or approve Content or Items, but that TulsaWorld.com shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove, refuse to post, delete, edit, modify or otherwise move any Content that is available via the Web Site, for violating the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or for any other reason.
The TulsaWorld.com is not responsible for the accuracy or liability of any statement, information, opinion, recommendation or advice displayed or distributed through this Web Site or any information provided by any other person or entity. User's reliance upon any such information shall be at User's sole risk. All downloaded software information is distributed "as is" without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All use of this Web Site or its Material are at User's sole risk.
The Web Site and Content available through the Web Site may contain features and functions that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of TulsaWorld.com, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Web Site, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that TulsaWorld.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this Web Site, or between Users and any third party, you understand and agree that TulsaWorld.com is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other Users, you hereby release TulsaWorld.com, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service. All Content is deemed published, posted and originated when posted to the Web Site only in Tulsa, Oklahoma and not where any User may originate or send the Content to the Web Site. All Users consent and agree that (i) all use of the Web Site and Content shall be deemed to be published only in Tulsa, Oklahoma one time only on the date of that such original Content was included in the Web Site (no matter where or when such Content is viewed on a User's computer or other access device, (ii) to the fullest extent allowed by law, all Users further consent and agree that all claims, actions, and disputes shall be resolved and decided only in the jurisdiction and venue of Tulsa, Oklahoma and each User consents and agrees to jurisdiction and venue for claims subject to the User Agreement shall be tried only in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and (iii) all claim or actions related to the Web Site or the TulsaWorld.com shall be filed only in the state of federal courts of the State of Oklahoma in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Notification of claims of infringement or material a user claims to be or contain objectionable content
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes Objectionable Content, copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify TulsaWorld.com at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following:
- a) Identify the material on the Web Site that you claim is the Objectionable Content or is infringing with enough detail so that we may locate it and verify the basis for your claim;
- b) In the case of infringement, a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- c) In the case of infringement, a statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- d) Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- e) Your physical or electronic signature.
TulsaWorld.com will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in any applicable copyright statutes.
TulsaWorld.com will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in any applicable copyright statutes.
Tulsa World Digital Subscriber Service Agreement
The Tulsa World Digital Subscriber Service Agreement outlines the relationship between the Tulsa World and its subscribers for digital services ("Subscriber" or "Subscribers") and establishes the terms, conditions and provisions that govern your subscription.
All subscriptions are voluntary, and by subscribing to and accepting delivery of Tulsa World digital products, you agree to the following:
The Tulsa World publishes its digital subscription prices at Tulsaworld.com. You agree to subscribe to the digital products on a month-to-month or longer basis and agree to pay the applicable subscription amount or any applicable discounted amount (including any tax, if ever applicable) for that subscription.
All fees and charges are nonrefundable, except as set out herein. Tulsa World reserves the right to change and may change the fees and charges for a subscription, or add new subscription fees or charges, by sending a notice to you as set out below. The changes in subscription fees or charges will take effect with the next subscription period for which you are billed. Tulsa World will not restart delivery of the newspaper content unless the Subscriber pays any outstanding bills for service.
The Tulsa World directly collects all payment for digital delivery of the newspaper and all payments must be made online at Tulsaworld.com. There will be no refunds or credits. Once a cancellation notification is sent, subscription and access will continue through the end of last paid month.
Tulsa World may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in the newspaper, on Tulsaworld.com or by notice in a bill, and this Agreement will be modified on Tulsaworld.com and in our offices. You may request a copy by calling 918-582-0921, writing for a copy, or viewing at www.tulsaworld.com/useragreement. By continuing to accept digital delivery of the newspaper, you will have accepted the change or amendment to this Agreement.
The Tulsa World reserves the right to do business with and deliver digital content to persons with whom it hopes to have a mutually agreeable relationship. Tulsa World may refuse to do business with and/or digitally deliver newspaper content to any person in its sole discretion so long as that decision does not violate any law or regulation applicable to it such as laws against discrimination based on race, sex, creed, national origin or other similar reasons.
Digital Subscription Access
Digital subscribers receive unlimited access to our digital products. The digital offerings include Tulsaworld.com, e-edition, Blackberry app, Android app, iPad app and iPhone app.
Tulsaworld.com is partnered with the Associated Press News Registry