Do you have an interest in airplanes, science, technology, engineering, or just want a chance to serve your community?
The Oklahoma Wing of the Civil Air Patrol would like to invite you to learn more about it's dynamic and engaging cadet and senior programs. Our open house will ascertain community interest in establishing a brand new squadron serving the South Tulsa, Jenks, Bixby, Glenpool, and surrounding areas.
Youth between the ages of 12 and 18 can join our award winning program as cadets, although there are also plenty of opportunities for adults over 18 as well. In many instances, cadets can recruit their parents or other family members once the adults see what's available to them -- the family aspect, making CAP unique. Volunteers don't have to have previous experience with flight or even the military. Members come from all walks of life.
We are looking for cadets and senior members. We have a lot of volunteer opportunities for people who like emergency services and search and rescue, or aerospace. It's not just about flying.
Volunteers can just be an interested community member. We provide different training opportunities.
Our Open Houses will cover the following:
- An overview of the Civil Air Patrol and it's missions.
- Cadet leadership program: drill downs, drill and ceremonies, customs and courtesies, fun activities.
- Aerospace: STEM kits, flight simulators, model rocketry, Civil Air Patrol aircraft on-site.
- Emergency Services: Ground teams, search and rescue and disaster relief, hands on ES fun activities.
- Occurred Monday, June 17th, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Occurred Monday, June 24th, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, July 1st, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, July 8th, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm