An RSVP/OSU Opioids Awareness Educator volunteer will educate and inform the community about the personal, family, and community risks of opioids addiction. For adults and teens.
The presentation includes:
Understanding the current state of mental health issues in Oklahoma and how opioid use influences mental health concerns. Definition of the major classifications of mental health disorders, especially those influenced or aggravated by narcotics use. Description of the social and economic impact of opioids on communities. A review of the options for addressing the opioids crisis, including: Teaching the community how and where to safely dispose of unused drugs. How to recognize the symptoms of overdose. How seniors and others can discuss the appropriateness of opioid prescriptions for themselves and their health-care providers. Why and how to lock up drugs in your home. Where to find help for addiction recovery. Other preventative and safety information.
Sponsored by Oklahoma State University's Cooperative Extension Service and RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) of Tulsa.
- Occurred Monday, April 15th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurred Monday, May 20th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurred Monday, June 17th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, September 9th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, October 21st, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, November 18th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Occurs Monday, December 16th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm