Hard-boiled eggs can be shelled, halved and hollowed out up to 2 days ahead. Make the filling a day ahead and store it in a ziptop plastic bag. When ready to serve, snip the corner off the bag and pipe the filling into the egg halves.
12 hard-boiled eggs, see Note below
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoons sweet relish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Paprika, for dusting, optional
1. Remove shells from eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
2. Separate egg yolks and place into a bowl. Place whites on a separate plate.
3. Add mayo, mustard, relish and salt, and pepper, to taste, to yolks and mash together with a fork until creamy and smooth. Transfer mixture to a quart-size ziptop bag.
4. Cut off the corner of the bag and squeeze the mixture back into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
Makes 12 eggs, 24 deviled eggs
1. Place 12 eggs in a pot big enough to hold them in a single layer and cover with cold water by 1 inch.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside for 12 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.