The Tulsa World has published an all-new hardcover coffee-table book celebrating some of the best and most significant architecture in the city.
“Building Tulsa: How a Dusty Cow Town Became a World-Class City” is written by Tulsa World Staff Writer Michael Overall. The 160-page book tells the story of how the pioneers and tycoons who came here wanted a city they could be proud of. They set out to make some of the most lavish and creative architecture in the country.
320 South Boston Building
320 S. Boston Ave.
Architect: Edwin Weary
Built: 1917 to 1963
Holy Family Cathedral
122 W. Eighth St.
Architects: J.P. Curtin, George Winkler and Dan Eichenfelt
Dedication: April 1, 1914
115 W. Fifth St.
Built: 1925 Restored: 2009 Original architect: George Winkler
Restoration architect: Joel Slaughter
2101 S. Madison Ave.
Architects: John and Joseph Blair
Philbrook Museum of Art
2727 S. Rockford Road
Built: 1926-27 Expanded: 1990 Architect: Edward Delk
Expansion: John Novack
427 S. Boston Ave.
Architects: Edward Buehler Delk in collaboration with Kansas City firm Keen and Simpson
Architect: Bruce Goff Built: 1927 Restored: 2019
Restoration: Lilly Architects
Vernon African Methodist Episcopal Church
311 N. Greenwood Ave.
1324 S. Main St.
Architect: Nelle Elizabeth Peters Completed: 1929 Abandoned: 1987
University of Tulsa
Architect: Henry C. Hibbs
Boston Avenue United Methodist Church
1301 S. Boston Ave.
Architect: Bruce Goff with designer Adah Robinson
3704 S. Birmingham Ave.
Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright
Will Rogers High School
3909 E. Fifth Place
Architects: Leon Senter and Joseph Koberling Jr.
Daniel Webster High School
1919 W. 40th St.
Architects: Arthur M. Atkinson, John Duncan Forsyth, Raymond Kerr, and William H. Wolaver.
First National Bank building
15 E. Fifth St.
Architects: Robert Carson and Earl Lundin
21st Street and Utica Avenue
Architects: Malcolm McCune, Murray McCune and Joseph Lambert.
Near Yale Avenue and 26th Street
Architect: Donald Honn
Construction: 1953 to 1956
Fifth Street and Denver Avenue
Robert Jones Supervising architect:
Robert Jones House
1916 E. 47th St.
Architect: Robert Jones
Tulsa International Airport Terminal
Architect: Robert Jones
7007 S. Delaware Place
Architect: Charles Ward
River Spirit Expo
Tulsa State Fairgrounds
Built: 1966 Architect: Bert Griffin
Lead engineer: David Graham
Oral Roberts University
Architect: Frank Wallace
University Club Tower
1722 S. Carson Ave.
Architects: V.M. Piland and Jack Butz with structural engineers Fred Gauger and Bill Martin
Bank of Oklahoma Tower
One Williams Center
Architect: Minoru Yamasaki
401 S. Boston Ave.
Built: 1918 Expanded: 1984 Architects: Original - Henry Hoit
Vic Thompson/HTB/Dewberry Architects
200 S. Denver Ave.
Architect: César Pelli
31st Street and Riverside Drive
Phase I opened: 2018
Architects: Michael Van Valkenburgh with Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects
Chamber of Commerce Building
616 S. Boston Ave.
Architect: Joseph Koberling
Opened: March 21, 1952
Pre-order 'Building Tulsa' and save $15
If you pre-order now at
, you will save $15 for a limited time. buildingtulsabook.com
'Building Tulsa,' a new book celebrating Tulsa's architecture