Two suspects sought on first-degree murder warrants in the double homicide of an off-duty Sapulpa police lieutenant and the officer’s cousin in Midwest City were captured Monday.

Jonathan Grafton, 22, and his girlfriend, Daphne Mason, 21, were arrested about 10 a.m. Monday in Enid by the U.S. Marshals Service in the homicides of Sapulpa police Lt. Trey Pritchard and Jeffrey Grafton, both 46, who were found dead Saturday night in a Midwest City motel room. Jeffrey Grafton was Jonathan Grafton’s father.

The suspects were taken into custody from On Cue Express, a convenience store, without incident after a resident called police to report they were sleeping outside the business, Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes said.

Another resident called police to report Jonathan Grafton and Mason had allegedly asked a motorist to drive them to Kansas, Enid Police Lt. Tim Jacobi said.

Louis Lopez, manager at On Cue Express, told the Enid News & Eagle the two were very nice and respectful.

“They came in, bought some items, asked to use the phone to call the transit, and they were waiting outside to use the transit,” Lopez told the newspaper. “By the time the transit had gotten here, the police had already gotten there.

“The police were cruising the area because someone reported they (the suspects) were in the area, and when they saw them sitting outside, they swarmed them.”

Grafton and Mason were being held by the Enid Police Department, Clabes said. Midwest City police were en route to pick them up, officials said.

Midwest City police officers were called about 10 p.m. Saturday and found both victims dead at the Travelers Inn motel, 6821 S.E. 29th St.

Clabes said Pritchard and Jeffrey Grafton had traveled from Sapulpa to repossess a 2000 pickup that had been taken by Jonathan Grafton without permission from his father.

Police speculated that the men were likely killed during a confrontation inside the motel. Witnesses at the motel later told investigators that they saw the pickup leave the motel.

The pickup was later recovered in Yukon, police said.

In June, Jonathan Grafton pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled dangerous substance and drug paraphernalia in Creek County, court records show. He was given a five-year deferred sentence.

Clabes said Midwest City police were working with law enforcement agencies in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas, as well as the U.S. Marshals Service on the case.

“We want to thank all the law enforcement agencies involved in this manhunt, especially the United States Marshals Service and Enid Police Department,” Clabes said in a news release.

“There was a heightened concern that both murder suspects would be violent when faced with arrest. Fortunately no one was injured and we are closer to bringing this tragic case to a conclusion.”

The cause of the deaths was not released. The bodies have been sent to the state Medical Examiner’s Office.

Flags remained at half-staff Monday in honor of Pritchard, who spent 18 years at the Sapulpa Police Department prior to his death.

“He really loved doing his job,” Sapulpa Deputy Police Chief Mike Haefner said. “He was really well-liked by all of his colleagues.”

Pritchard, who leaves behind a wife and children, began his stint at the police department as a dispatcher before working his way up through the ranks to become a lieutenant.

“Trey grew up in Sapulpa,” Haefner said about the officer described as quiet and tactful on the job. “He worked with kids. We lost a good officer.”

Kendrick Marshall 918-581-8386