Submit a letter to the editor
Write a Readers Forum column
Op/ed space in the Tulsa World is limited. To preserve the space for the pieces we think our readers will most appreciate, we have these guidelines for submissions:
1. Op/eds should be about public policy issues not personalities.
2. They should be debatable in nature: They should take a stance that some but not all of our readers would agree with.
3. They should not be in direct response to previous op/ed columns, syndicated columns, letters to the editor or Tulsa World editorials. The proper forum for such responses is our letter to the editor space.
4. They should come from authors who are authoritative on the topic or offer some unique perspective.
5. They should to be about 600 words long.
6. They cannot be election endorsements or un-endorsements, although at times the editorial department will solicit op/ed columns on both sides of an election for publication.
7. They cannot be product endorsement.
8. They should come from an author who lives within our circulation area.
9. They should not have been published elsewhere or submitted for publication elsewhere.
10. They cannot be libelous, incendiary or offensive to broad portions of our readership.
11. They should to be accompanied with an electronic photo of the author for publication.
These are not hard-and-fast rules. Sometimes, typically because of relative light demand for op/ed space, the editorial editor may waive one or more of the guidelines.
Columns should be submitted to: email@example.com
Latest Local Offers
Specializing in sales, installation, repair & service of all brands heating & air cond. equip. Call Ken 918-402-0822. OK Lic. #132539
Tree Trimming & Removal, free est., free stump grinding & free small Oak Tree w/ tree removal. Senior/Vet Discounts. Certified Arborist & Fully Ins.
Splash Pool Service Weekly Maintenance Pool, year round, equipment, repair. We do it All! BBB Accredited Business. Ronnie 918-510-1656