In their first home game in over a month, it seemed like the Tulsa Roughnecks FC were on track to continue their undefeated record at ONEOK Field, but things unraveled in the second half.

Kris Tyrpak scored three straight goals, including the game-winner in stoppage time, to lift the Austin Bold FC to a 3-2 victory over the Roughnecks on Saturday night.

For a Roughnecks squad that led 2-0 in the second half and hasn’t won a game since April 24, it was a bitter pill to swallow. Tulsa is 0-1-4 in that stretch, including a 2-0 loss to Austin May 14 in U.S. Open Cup play.

“I would say the first half, we weren’t playing well, we just took a couple of chances and definitely felt like it wasn’t sustainable,” Roughnecks coach Michael Nsien said. “So we tried to push a little bit more in the second half and sure enough, we just weren’t good enough today.”

Christhian Altamirano and Janu Silva scored goals for the Roughnecks (4-4-5), who are now 3-1-2 at ONEOK Field.

“We were on the road, so we were getting draws that were acceptable, but losing at home is not,” Nsien said. “We have to rebound.”

The win vaults Austin (5-5-3) from 12th in the USL Championship’s Western Conference up to sixth, and drops Tulsa from sixth to ninth. Tyrpak, who previously played with San Antonio FC and the Swope Park Rangers, has scored multiple goals against the Roughnecks over the years.

“He’s kind of been a nuisance for the Roughnecks for a while, so when you have a player like that, that can come off the bench and affect the game, it’s a good option to have,” Nsien said.

Silva scored in the 49th minute to give Tulsa a seemingly safe 2-0 lead. After intercepting an errant pass from an Austin defender back to Bold goalkeeper Diego Restrepo, he went in alone and popped home his fifth goal of the year and fourth in the last seven games.

But Tyrpak entered the contest as a substitute four minutes later, and the Austin comeback was on. He cut the Bold’s deficit to one in the 61st minute when he boomed a 20-yard shot that deflected off of Tulsa goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar’s hands and in.

Tyrpak struck again just eight minutes later to tie it, receiving a cross from Sean McFarlane and volleying home a 15-yard shot.

As Austin continued to apply considerable pressure down the stretch, it seemed like Tulsa might be able to hold on and escape with a draw, but Tyrpak fired a 17-yard blast in the second minute of stoppage time (out of five total) that beat Stajduhar just inside the left post.

“I just think individually, players just didn’t demand the ball,” Nsien said. “We weren’t able to keep the ball for long enough periods of time to break pressure and we just kind of compounded all our problems.”

The Roughnecks took an early 1-0 lead in the 17th minute on a spectacular goal by Altamirano, his fourth of the season. From a seemingly impossible angle deep on the right side of the box, Altamirano chipped a high shot that floated over Austin goalkeeper Diego Restrepo, hit the far goalpost and ricocheted in.

It was the first time in seven games that someone other than Da Costa or Silva scored for the Roughnecks.

Austin 3, Tulsa 2

Austin 0 3 — 3

Tulsa 1 1 — 2

Goals: A, Tyrpak (Giacomazzi), Tyrpak (McFarlane), Tyrpak (Mallace); T, Altamirano (Da Costa), Silva. 

Saves: A, Restrepo, 1; T, Stajduhar, 2.