Michael Dekker

Assistant Editor

Bio

Michael is an assistant news editor at the Tulsa World. He joined the World in November 2002, and has worked at newspapers in Oklahoma and Kansas since 1989. Phone: 918-581-8469

Committees finish work in GM talks, top bargainers take over

View all

Michael Dekker

Bill is one of our most thoughtful writers, and this is also an opinion piece and not a news story.

Michael Dekker

The U.S. 75 project has been completed, which is why I did not include it in this story.

Michael Dekker

I noted that in the story. It's possible the group may have told TCSO that they were done, but then decided to resume with Tannerite after he or she left. I would love to speak with the landowner to get his take on this. If anyone knows him or knows how to contact him, my direct line is 918-…

Michael Dekker

The headline has been corrected.

Michael Dekker

V.M. Pendleton, thanks for your comments. I am not a statistician nor a meteorologist. But I have personally interviewed scientists at the CPC, as far back as the mid-1990s. Back then, their forecasts were in the 20-30 percent range (at most) and they have become better at what they do ov…

Michael Dekker

Actually, that's not what it means. A 40 percent chance of hotter weather does not equate to a 60 percent chance of average temperatures. It means there is a 40 percent chance that the temperatures will be hotter. The average is assumed, by scientists making these long-range forecasts.

<…

Michael Dekker

The spam has been removed. Site should be updated in a few minutes.

Michael Dekker

Tom,

We are working on a followup story. If your friend would like to speak with the reporter doing the followup, you may have him or her contact me at 918-581-8469 or at michael.dekker@tulsaworld.com

Michael Dekker

RIP Ralph. A fine newsman.

Michael Dekker

Jason,

Please contact Britt about this. She has been trying to do a follow-up story, but the vendor won't return her calls. You can also call me. I will be in the office at 1 p.m. on Sunday. 918-581-8469.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News